Summary of The Day: On this day tour you'll visit key Incan highlights to experience Cusco at the grassroots level. Start at the vibrant San Pedro local market, then head out of town to explore the mysterious Temple of the Moon. Enjoy a picnic surrounded by amazing landscapes before returning to Cusco by foot, learning about the city’s Inca-history and culture along the way.
Kick off your historical Cusco tour with a visit to the San Pedro market, one of the highest marketplaces on the planet. Talk about starting the morning on top of the world!
Learn about the market’s history as you explore rows of local produce, colourful fabrics, flower vendors, shaman stalls, and loud juice makers in the company of yourEnglish-speaking guide. There is the opportunity to try out a few local words as you purchase snacks for later in the day. Be ready for some entertaining local interaction!
Leave the unforgettable smells and flavours of the Cusco market and walk to the main Plaza of Cusco, the Plaza de Armas, where we depart by public transportation to explore the Temple of the Moon, located on the outskirts of Cusco.
This impressive and mysterious temple is a hill with two caves inside of it. The caves contain altars, and cracks in the walls let in sunlight or, more significantly, moonlight that strikes the altars on certain nights. There are also mystery carvings in the caves and atop the hill — see if you can figure out the story they tell. You’ll also get to see the mind-boggling carvings of, well, no one knows! Maybe a woolly mammoth, maybe a mastodon — creatures that haven’t existed in these parts for over ten thousand years.
To finish the tour, we’ll walk back to Cusco, which will take us about half an hour. We’ll descend back to the city via Inca streets, learning about theories and legends of the Inca Empire along the way. We’ll meander through the bohemian area of San Blas before arriving at the Santo Domingo Convent and Qorikancha temple (optional visit),where your Cusco tour will come to a close.
Latin Americans can be very conscious of appearance so try to be casual but conservative in your dress. Outside of beach areas halter tops and very short shorts should not be worn.
Please note that you must show your passport and immigration card to the guide before the tour starts; otherwise, you will be charged a fee of USD 10.00 as per Peru’s tax regulations.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.