Summary of The Day: Catalonia’s Costa Brava, just north of Barcelona, is easily regarded as the top destination for sea kayaking and water adventure and leisure near Barcelona and possibly in Western Europe. The Costa Brava, ‘brave coast’ has a maritime tradition dating from before the Greeks and Romans and carrying on for the last two thousand years in the countless communities of fishermen and merchants. Launching in modern kayaks from a gorgeous Mediterranean beach, you will be guided along the Costa Brava’s dramatic cliffs exploring deep caves and warm, secluded coves and beaches with plenty of opportunity to get in to cool off and explore below the surface.
These kayaking small group day trips are limited to eight guests and depart from Barcelona. These are all-day, all-inclusive trips with approximately four hours in the kayak, stopping for great snorkeling, lunch, swimming and relaxing in the sun. These kayaking day tours are appropriate for all ages and families and no experience is needed. Following an hour’s drive north of Barcelona and some brief instruction, we’ll kayak leisurely up the rugged Costa Brava, stopping here and there to swim and snorkel in peaceful coves or explore some of the many caves along the coast. About halfway into the 4-5 hours of the excursion that we’re on the water, we’ll take a break in a secluded Costa Brava beach cove to enjoying a picnic lunch and relax. After kayaking back to the launch beach, we’ll have a drink in a beachfront café and some lazy beach time while taking in the picturesque, tranquil surroundings before returning to Barcelona.
This tour departs at 8:30AM from the Barcelona Post Office (At the steps of the post office), Plaça d'Antonio López, 1, 08002 Barcelona, Spain.
This tour requires a minimum of 2 travelers to operate; no more than 8 travelers in one group.
To protect your own property, please bring all valuable items with you. Do not leave valuable items unattended at any time during the tour service.
Essentials for kayaking: A swim suit; sandals or flip-flops that can get wet; a dry change of clothes; a towel • sunblock; sun glasses; and water-proof pouch for cameras and/or phone.
We do require that all guests know how to swim and are comfortable in open waters. These are recommended kid-friendly, family tours; children 13 years and under must be with an adult in a tandem kayak.
Please be sure that your travel insurance recognizes and includes kayaking as an accepted activity.
We do not cancel kayak day tours due to bad weather. We simply re-route the day to fit the weather and continue exploring!
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.