Summary of The Day: Just north of Barcelona in the heart of Catalonia, the rugged Costa Brava on the Mediterranean provides numerous hiking trails with panoramic views and great snorkeling spots for a perfect day trip out of Barcelona. The winding cliff-top trails and hidden coves offer unforgettable views of Costa Brava as well as perfect swimming and snorkeling opportunities to cool off in the crystal clear Mediterranean. These private tours and small group day trips from Barcelona also take you to charming coastal villages to enjoy a full restaurant lunch (included) after your hike, making these all-inclusive tours out of Barcelona a guaranteed success for all guests.
These day escapes begin on a coastal trailhead on the Costa Brava about 100km (60mi) north of Barcelona. There are a variety of coastal routes we use depending on group interest and ability. Along the trails you’ll find innumerable links to Catalonia’s rich history such as Iberian ruins (6th century BC), winding paths used by Catalan fishermen from the past and present, olive orchards, cork oak forests and intricately terraced and rocky cliffs draped in wild flowers and cactus. We stop in secluded coves along the way for snacks, swimming and snorkeling (depending on water temperature). Spanish Trails guides, as always, spend the day sharing the rich history, culture and traditions of Catalunya and Spain from the Roman era to today. The trails ultimately lead us to one of the small fishing villages where a plentiful beach-front lunch and drinks are waiting for you. There is time to explore the quaint village after lunch and to enjoy a bit of beach time before setting off.
This tour departs at 9:00am from the Barcelona Post Office (at the front steps), Plaça d'Antonio López, 1, 08002 Barcelona, Spain.
This tour operates with a minimum of 2 travelers, and a maximum of 8 travelers.
Our hiking tours are kid-friendly, and fun for all ages. A good level of fitness is recommended, but day trips are tailored to accommodate all ages and interests.
Please bring all valuable items with you. Do not leave valuable items unattended during the tour service. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.