The Old South & Florida With Mardi Gras In New Orleans
Day 1 - New Orleans. Enjoy time at leisure to relax or to do some independent exploring. Your Tour Director is on hand late this afternoon to answer any questions.
Day 2 - New Orleans. The morning is dedicated to the sights and sounds of this Old World city. First, visit the French Quarter, including St. Louis Cathedral and Jackson Square. Next, learn about the city's unique burial customs at an aboveground cemetery, followed by a leisurely drive down historic St. Charles Avenue to enjoy its stately mansions and clanging streetcars. Sightseeing ends with a must do visit to BLAINE KERN's MARDI GRAS WORLD. Your guided sightseeing tour shows you where Mardi Gras magic is made. Walk among towering figures of fantasy. Marvel at the skill and technology that animate mega-floats. Acquire an insider's appreciation of the history and traditions of Carnival. The remainder of the day is at leisure.
Day 3 - New Orleans. Today, experience the colorful parades, floats and costumes of "Fat Tuesday"! Try to catch colorful doubloons as they are thrown from the floats - but watch out, the competition is fierce! Try the famous King Cake with coffee, and don the traditional Mardi Gras colors of green, gold and purple in preparation for New Orleans' most renowned and exciting day of celebration. Tonight the celebrations continue with a delicious MARDI GRAS themed dinner at the Court of Two Sisters with its picturesque old-world courtyard with original gas lights and flowing fountains adding to the unique history of this French Quarter building. (D)
Day 4 - New Orleans - Baton Rouge - Natchez. Drive through the heart of Cajun Country to Baton Rouge for an orientation tour that features the Governor's Mansion and the State Capitol. Next, on to elegant Natchez, a thriving port in the golden years of the cotton trade. Visit a gracious PRE-CIVIL WAR HOME featuring fine collections of period furniture and paintings. In the evening, relax and perhaps sip a refreshing mint julep as the sun goes down.
Day 5 - Natchez - Jackson - Memphis. Drive a portion of the Natchez Trace Parkway to Jackson, then north through rural Mississippi to Memphis. On arrival, acquaint yourself with the town during an included orientation tour. For your first night in the "Home of the Blues," why not visit one of the famous music clubs on Beale Street, immortalized in WC Handy's famous songs? (B)
Day 6 - Memphis - Graceland Visit - Nashville. A trip to Memphis would not be complete without visiting GRACELAND, the palatial home of "The King," Elvis Presley. Our guided platinum audio tour focuses on the splendid garden and the opulent 15,000-square-foot mansion. Afterward, the "Capital of Country Music," Nashville.
Day 7 - Nashville.Its association with country music has made the name "Nashville" world famous, but it's not just music fans who will find this charming Southern city a delight. Start your day with a visit to STUDIO B, Nashville's oldest surviving recording studio and one of the country's most important. Afterward, enjoy a sightseeing tour of the famous landmarks, including the Parthenon, the State Capitol, Bicentennial State Park, and the recording studios of Music Row. Then, visit the COUNTRY MUSIC HALL OF FAME with its glittering costumes, rare instruments, and Elvis Presley's "solid-gold" Cadillac. This evening you have reserved premier seating for an unforgettable show at the world famous GRAND OLE OPRY, a mecca for country musicians since 1925.
Day 8 - Nashville - Chattanooga - Atlanta. First stop today is Chattanooga, home of the Chattanooga Choo Choo. Then, enter the "Peach State" of Georgia and continue through Chattahoochee National Forest to the fast growing metropolis of Atlanta, former home and burial place of civil rights leader, Martin Luther King Jr. Visit the grave and eternal flame dedicated to preserving his legacy. After a brief orientation tour, the rest of the day is yours to explore further or relax.
Day 9 - Atlanta - Savannah. Head south through rich, rolling farmland to the historic seaport of Savannah for a 2-night stay. On this afternoon's TROLLEY TOUR, your tour highlights attractions such as the City Market, Forsyth Park, Mercer House, Madison Square (where General Sherman concluded his "March to the Sea"), Colonial Park Cemetery, and the world-famous River Street. This evening is free to explore this charming city on your own.
Day 10 - Savannah. A day at leisure. Shop on cobblestoned River Street or stroll among the many squares surrounded by elegant homes and gardens. Don't miss the impressive Ships of the Sea Maritime Museum to learn about Savannah's important role in maritime history. (CB)
Day 11 - Savannah - St. Augustine - Orlando. Travel into the "Sunshine State" of Florida, stopping first at St. Augustine, the oldest city in the United States. You will see the Oldest Government House and the Spanish fortress, Castillo de San Marcos, on your orientation tour. Then, drive to the magical city of Orlando. (CB)
Day 12 - Orlando. A full day to relax and explore the many sights in the Orlando area. Your Tour Director will suggest a varied and exciting selection of optional outings, such as Disney's huge entertainment parks, including the Magic Kingdom®, Animal Kingdom®, Epcot®, and Disney's Hollywood Studios® (formally MGM Studios). Also on the list are SeaWorld® (America's biggest marine life park) and exciting Universal Studios®.
Day 13 - Orlando. The trip ends today with guests departing on individual schedules. Transfers to Orlando International Airport are included. You can extend your vacation with extra nights and explore the "Sunshine State" further with a variety of exciting optional activities.
Q & As
Please note questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc. You may also review our FAQ section for additional information you are looking for.
- In order to protect your personal property, please bring any valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
- Tours4Fun cooperates with top local area tour operators and ensures the best quality of services to all travelers. We provide tour coaches that all are insured with a liability insurance coverage from $5,000,000 to $10,000,000 to make sure that your trips are safer and more enjoyable.
Reservation Process and E-Ticket
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
Terms and Conditions
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
- Please refer to our Standard Amendment, Cancellation and Refund Policy before you make reservation.
- Please refer to Customer Agreement before you make reservation.
- Local tour provider reserves the right to make modifications to tour arrangements including order of tour activities, hotel and its location if deemed necessary.
Edit Photo Title & Description
Why Book with Tours4Fun?
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Hand-picked Tours & Activities
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer care available 24/7
Pricing (Per Person)
|Land Start Date||Price From:|
|2016-02-07||$2209||See in Cart|
Prices based on double room occupancy.
Single Room Supplement:
Triple Room Reduction per person:
Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
- City Highlights
Sightseeing:In New Orleans and Nashville; orientation tours in Atlanta and Baton Rouge, Memphis, St. Augustine; Blaine Kern's Mardi Gras World, Mardi Gras parade, Savannah Trolley Tour, pre-Civil War home, Graceland, Studio B, Country Music Hall of Fame, and reserved premier seating at the Grand Ole Opry. Inside visits as shown in UPPERCASE in the tour description, including admission charges where applicable.
Local Guides for city sightseeing in New Orleans, Nashville, and Savannah; services of a professional Tour Director.
- Launch Date
1 breakfast, 2 continental breakfasts, 1 dinner
NOTE:This special departure include all activities on our regular departure, plus a themed Mardi Gras dinner. Itinerary and prices are subject to change for the February 26, 2017 departure.
- Scenic Highlights
Scenic Highlights:French Quarter, Mississippi River, Cajun Country, and Chattahoochee National Forest.
The Old South & Florida with Mardi Gras in New Orleans
Transportation:Private, deluxe air-conditioned motorcoach while touring.
NEW ORLEANS Sheraton New Orleans (SF)NATCHEZ Hampton Inn & Suites (ST)MEMPHIS Crowne Plaza Memphis Downtown (MF)NASHVILLE Inn at Opryland (MF)ATLANTA Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown (ST)SAVANNAH Best Western Plus Savannah Historic District (MF)ORLANDO Courtyard by Marriott Lake Buena Vista at Vista Center (F)