Summary of The Day: Stunningly beautiful and full of contradictions, discover the real Rio de Janeiro on this unique Rio de Janeiro city tour. From sweeping vistas from the Statue of Christ to the alleyways of the Santa Marta favela, unlock some of Rio’s secrets and discover what life is really like in one of the world’s most captivating cities.
Blessed with the most stunning natural setting, Rio de Janeiro is a city that is as famous for its beauty as it is for its poverty. Stretching up into the mountains that hug glistening Guanabara Bay are the city’s vast, and often misunderstood, shantytowns known as favelas.
From beautiful vistas and iconic locations, to some of the communities that have helped make this city the melting pot that it is, you’re sure to find Rio a captivating and complex place that can steal your heart forever.
This tour of Rio de Janeiro will give you a unique insider's view into the real Rio, from its beautiful vistas to one of its favelas made famous in Michael Jackson’s ‘They Don’t Care About Us’ music video.
Kick off your Rio tour with a bird's eye view of the city from the base of the Statue of Christ. This enormous white statue keeps constant watch over Rio, offering sweeping 360 degree views of the city’s natural wonders: beaches, lagoons, forests, bays, and mountains that seem to rise from the ocean.
It’s no wonder that the ‘cristo’ statue was recently selected as one of the new Seven Wonders of the World. Soak up the views, pick out some of Rio’s most famous sights, and snap a must-have picture before getting a very different view of the city.
Next, it’s time to trade in this tourist icon for something less visited, and step into the Santa Marta favela. Accompanied by your local guide, wander through the community, meeting the people who live here and see the places made famous in the Michael Jackson video. Stroll the narrow alleys, learn about local life, and dispel some of the myths about these vibrant communities.
In the heart of the favela, take a moment to admire the breathtaking views over Guanabara Bay and Botafogo area from Michael Jackson’s lookout. For anyone wishing to experience the real Rio, you simply can’t miss this experience.
Ending point: Copacabana Palace Hotel - Avenida Atlântica, 1702 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22021-001.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.