Summary of The Day: We made sure this tour focuses on taking you to handpicked places where you will find a wide variety of handicrafts and local products that are hard to find elsewhere. Mark our word, we will not take you to chain stores or shopping malls. We will however introduce you to merchants with integrity, those that work very closely to the producers that are a part of their commercial chain.
The first stop of the Handicrafts Shopping Tour will be Plaza de Bolívar. There is not much shopping going on here, but some blocks away we will take you to a secret alley, that few people know about. It specializes in handmade wooden kitchen utensils, wickerwork and a natural scourer, that would be found at much higher prices outside of Colombia.
After that we will head to the Artisan Shop at Parque Santander. This is the ideal place to get the world famous mochilas of all sorts and colors as well as other kinds of hand-woven items. Also, you will find alpaca fur and wool; teddy bears, sleepers and even phone cases made from these materials! Once done here we will walk some meters to the church of San Francisco, where southwest Colombian native people work on colorful bracelets, necklaces and earrings, all handmade with shakiras.
For the last stop we have two options. The first is the largest commercial leather district of Colombia, located at 7 de Agosto. This is an area with several blocks of genuine leather workshops and retailers, where you will get amazing value for your money. The second option is traveling to the neighborhood of Usaquén, located to the north of the city.
Here we will go to an ethnic handicrafts shop run by an NGO that helps native Colombian indigenous peoples all across the country through promoting and supporting fair-trade of their traditional handicraft work. You will have the opportunity to travel Colombia via the unique objects loaded with rare beauty and mysticism that you find here. You will learn about the history, elaboration and meaning of every piece.
Finally, we will drive you back to your hotel or any place of your preference within the city area.
Please include your hotel name and address in the "Meeting Point" box during booking.
The order of the tour can be modified due to weather conditions.
Dress code: Smart Casual
Please bring a copy of your passport.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.