Summary of The Day: Be amazed by riding on a Colombian Creole horse along the fauna, flora, rivers, creeks and lakes that make the Andean highland a perfect scenario for a thrilling day out in nature during your stay in Bogota.
On the Highlands Horseback Riding Tour, you will be driven from Bogota to a rural location 40 minutes to the south east of the capital. There, a local cowboy will be expecting you with tame - yet still powerful - horses ready for the adventure. After some instructions and advice, you will start the ride. Going up to 3200 MAMSL, you will enter an Andean ecosystem, which is very different to the stereotypical image of the tropical jungle that many visitors have about Colombia. After an hour ride, you will reach a fantastic lookout point from where you will be able to see the Monserrate Hill and further even Bogota off in the distance.
After a break to stretch our legs and have a snack, you will start your way back to the ranch via another path, making a loop.
Once back to camp, a hot homemade meal cooked by a local, using ingredients fresh from the garden, will be waiting for you. After lunch, our driver will get you back to your hotel or any place you'd like in Bogota.
Please include your hotel name and address in the "Meeting Point" box during booking.
If no one in your group speaks Spanish, we strongly suggest hiring a bilingual guide for this tour. An additional charge applies.
If lunch is not available at the farm, we will replace it with a stop for lunch at La Candelaria.
Bring sun-block, comfortable and warm clothing, and gloves if possible. This activity does not require previous experience.
Dress code: Smart Casual
Please bring a copy of your passport.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.