Summary of The Day: What better way to get to know the different regions of Colombia in one day than through its gastronomic offer? We know you’re busy, but this doesn’t mean you have to keep yourself from discovering the richness of a country like ours. With this tour we will take you to several locations, each with a different meaning and a different taste, in order to give you a glimpse of the various regions of Colombia and the manners and lifestyle of locals.
To start the tour and the day off in the best of ways, you will be taken to enjoy the most important meal of the day, breakfast, at a traditional bakery. Pastelería Florida is an artisan bakery that’s been on the market for 78 years. Here you will be able to taste a traditional aguapanela and other traditional meals that are common in Colombia, especially in the Andean region.
After a delicious breakfast, you will be taken to the Paloquemado market, one of the biggest and oldest food markets in Bogotá. Here you can find anything you can think of; it gathers the richness of Colombian agriculture in one place, from the traditional to the exotic. This place isn’t limited to fruits and vegetables; you can also find meat, fish, herbs, handcrafted goods, and an amazing beautiful flower market. It might not be the typical touristic destination, but we are sure you will love its vibrant and colorful atmosphere.
Next you will visit another of Bogota’s long-standing places. This place has been around for a century, serving its delicious empanadas since 1902: Las Margaritas, a place that has lived through so many generations is definitely worth a visit. From outside to inside you’ll breathe an air of history, starting by the facades of the restaurant that remained almost intact as they were back in its origin. Rumor has it that their empanadas are addictive, so try leaving some space in your stomach for our next gastronomic destination.
Start your way back to the center of the capital on the Septimazo, one of the liveliest places in the city. The Septimazo has become a street fair where you can find people in stands selling all types of things, different street singers, artists and a lot more. Here we will walk through the streets that have witnessed the history and daily life of the majority of the citizens in the capital, and stop at a variety of food stalls to amaze your palate.
After this entrée you will walk on the streets of La Candelaria to a place called Fulanitos. This colonial type restaurant does not only have the best meals to offer from the pacific region but also a beautiful view of the historic center, La Candelaria, from inside. Make yourself at home while you enjoy lunch in this cozy and delicious restaurant. Just a few blocks away from Fulanitos, you will find the last place we will visit in this tour. It is called Cacao y Cacao and it is well known for its artisan hot chocolate. Here you can enjoy a cup of hot chocolate and learn about the history and production process of the product.
We’ve all heard the way to a man's heart is through his stomach and in this opportunity Bogotá will definitely make accountable to that saying. You’ll definitely end up wanting more of Colombia.
Please include your hotel name and address in the "Meeting Point" box during booking.
Please advise in advance if there is any food restriction or alergies.
Dress code: Smart Casual
Please bring a copy of your passport.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.