Summary of The Day: Travel to the past and embark yourself on a trip full of fantasy. After being picked up at your hotel we will whisk you off to an old train station - which nowadays only works during the weekends taking dozens of visitors from Bogota to Zipaquira. This antique railway worked as a commercial link between Bogota and the salt mines. Today, the same classic steam train that dates back to the end of XIX century is used for travelers. It makes its way slowly through the flatlands of the savannah all the way to the old village of Zipaquira.
Once there, you can continue the journey to the Salt Cathedral of Zipaquira on a shuttle bus (admission and shuttle not included). This splendid work of modern engineering and art was opened to the public in 1995. On this tour you will enter an old salt mine that was adapted to be a cathedral. Here, the materials found underground have been manipulated by artists and sculptors, and with help of special lighting effects they have given birth to a very unique interpretation of earthly Catholic symbols.
After you exit the cathedral, the same shuttle service will drive to the traditional village of Cajica. There you will have time for lunch and for wandering around the main square. Afterwards, the train will depart and get you back to Bogota.
At about 4:30pm you will reach the capital's train station where our driver will be expecting you to bring you back to your hotel.
Hotel Pick-up: 8:30am
The train will arrive at the Usaquen Bogota Train Station at 4:30 pm. Hotel drop-off depends on traffic.
The shuttle is only available on the weekends and is not included. Admission to the salt mine is not included.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Price is per order.
* Book for a party of 5 or more and get a reduced rate.
* Adult: $73.00 per person for groups of 2-4 guests; $59.00 per person for groups of 5-10 guests
* Children's rate for under 3 years is 50% of adult rate. If there are children under 3 joining the tour, please input their birth date in the "Reservation Request" box and contact our customer service team to adjust price for you during booking.
* This tour requires minimum 2 guests to operate.
Private transportation from and to your hotel in Bogota area
Please include your hotel name and address in the "Meeting Point" box during booking.
The order of the tour can be modified due to weather conditions.
Dress code: Smart Casual
Please bring a copy of your passport.
Only available during weekends. On Saturdays the train usually runs on a modern engine.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.