Summary of The Day: Wine + food + traghetti = Venice personified. Join this best selling Venice tour to dose yourself up on Venetian culture in the form of local food specialties and regional wines. It’s the Italian way!
Join us for the perfect Venice evening. Embark on a delicious adventure with this three-hour Venice tour that stops off at Bacari wine bars and samples their famous cicchetti dishes. Time to get your foodie game face on with some Venice cicchetti! You’ll start this Venice food tour from Campo de la Maddalena, a small raised square that has remained the same since medieval times, and is famous for its modest houses topped with interesting chimneys. Call into the old historical inn, a much loved bar that specialises in cicchetti, for your first taste of this Venice tapas.
The best things to do in Venice often revolve around food. On this Venice tour, you will try some of the city’s famous specialties, from plates of olives, to marinated seafood served on wedges of soft polenta. Here, you’ll learn all about the long history of this atmospheric bar from your local guide as you feast on some of its specialties. You’ll continue on this Venice city tour by walking into Strada Nuova and calling in to another old historical bar which has been open since the 18th century and is famous for its ‘polpette’, or spicy fried meatballs. From there, you’ll head to Campo de Santa Sofia and jump on a traghetto to cross Canal Grande into the Rialto area. Traghetti are like gondolas, but they're used as passenger ferries instead - no sitting or singing here - this is how locals get across the canals!
Pay a visit to a true local Venice attraction - the local market, before heading to yet another bar in the centre of Venice, a hole-in-the-wall place that serves a simple but delicious selection of cicchetti and great regional Italian wines and proseccos. You’d be mistaken if you thought here weren’t any bars left in Venice to visit, as your local guide will lead you to a couple more stops, just to finish this cicchetti tour with a bang! The tour then comes to an end on the steps of the Rialto Bridge, where you can head back to one of your new favorite bars, or your local guide will be happy to point you in the direction of your accommodation.
Drop-off location: Rialto Bridge
10/22/2016 at 5:15pm
10/24/2016 at 5:15pm
10/25/2016 at 5:15pm
10/31/2016 at 5:15pm
11/4/2016 at 5:15pm
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 6 to 11 years of age
* Children younger than 6 are NOT permitted.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Change of itinerary according to opening times of bars and restaurants during the way and also how crowded they are. Pretty much will be almost the same itinerary, but changing the places where to go for a drink (also historical places just two doors down the regular place).
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.