Summary of The Day: Join us on a day trip to one of the most impressive natural parks in Colombia, Chingaza. Located right at the east of Bogota at an altitude of 3400m, it is home to 7,6600 hectares of high Andean forest sub-paramo and paramo ecosystems. These Paramos play a key role in maintaining the natural balance of Earth's ecosystems. Endemic to the Andes region, they are a kind of highland wetlands and perform the task of a giant geographical sponge. It is the place where the clouds are constantly being condensed, and where the streams coming from the glaciers are retained and regulated.
This park offers a network of hiking trails where visitors will be in close contact with its unique flora species like Frailejon Uribei, a bush that grows only at the Paramos at a speed of 1/3 of an inch per year, and more than 1000 other native species. The park also has 186 documented species of birds and a handful of native mammals like deer, Andean bears, and small felines. This and the breathtaking landscapes that frame the exuberant nature present in this park, make our visit to the mountain of water a must do in Bogota for nature lovers.
Our trip starts at 7:00am from your hotel in Bogota. Our driver will meet you at your hotel and we will start a 1.5 hour drive east of the Capital. Along the way, we will make a stop at La Calera, and have a taste of the nationally acclaimed arepas boyasenses with tinto (our softer version of Americano). After clearing the national park entrance permit (all arranged in advanced) you will be introduced to the local Spanish-Speaking guide who will travel with you along the hike. The guides are native of this region and have a deep knowledge of flora and fauna, will point at most interesting aspects of the rout and will tell you anecdotes related to the native cultures and traditional farming communities of the area.
The hike lasts about 3 hours and will lead you to a lagoon called Laguna de Buitrago. After the hike, we will return to the cabin and have a comforting agua de panela (hot drink made with sugar cane jaggery). Here you will have the chance of using toilets and change to warm and dry cloths and shoes (yes, bring a spare change of cloths because the chances of getting wet are very high).
After having a close contact with nature’s water Factory, our guide and driver will bring you back to your hotel or any other point of the city just in time for lunchtime.
Please include your hotel name and address in the "Meeting Point" box during booking.
Chances of rain are high in the Chingaza National Park. Please bring a rain jacket, hiking shoes and a complete change of cloths (including shoes).
Confirmation may take longer than normal as we have to file a permit to enter the park. Please book early and contact us with at least a week in advance. Availability depends on the park’s carrying capacity.
Please bring a copy of your passport.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.