Summary of The Day: This tour will show you the best of Chicago in one day. You will take a walk in the Millennium Park, a combination of stunning architecture, sculpture and landscape design located in the heart of downtown Chicago. You will also see Cloud Gate, the impressive signature urban sculpture, which is one of the best public spaces that you can find on earth. Relax at the Clarence Buckingham Memorial Fountain, one of the world's largest artificial fountains, and at the Navy Pier, the former Navy training center, which is the most visited lakeshore park in central United States. You can also take an exclusive tour of the Chicago Theatre, an exquisite French Baroque style theatre (admission not included, subject to availability).
Afterwards we'll visit Michigan Avenue, the Magnificent Mile, where the Art Institute of Chicago (admission not included), Grant Park, shopping malls and boutique stores, and the historical Chicago Water Tower are located. To have the best view of this famous city, you can go up to the 360 CHICAGO (admission not included) which soars 1,000 feet above Lake Michigan and the city’s majestic skyline to offer the most breathtaking views of downtown Chicago, the lakefront and four neighboring states: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and Wisconsin.
As the birthplace of skyscrapers, Chicago has a skyline bristling with skyscrapers. You can also enjoy a Chicago Cruise along the Chicago River which lines up with best architecture in town: the corncob shaped Marina City buildings, Trump Tower, Willis Tower and much more (admission not included, subject to availability). Or take an in-depth walk tour (in winter) through the underground Pedway system which connects numerous famous landmarks (admission not included).
- Best Western or similar
Chicago - Springfield - St. Louis
Summary of The Day: First, we will go south to Springfield, hometown of Abraham Lincoln, one of the most respected presidents in the United States, and see his former home where he lived for 17 years (exterior only). Right behind his residence, there is the State Capitol of Illinois, the tallest non-skyscraper capitol building in the United States.
Then we will head for St. Louis, the largest metropolitan area of East Missouri, sitting by the banks of Mississippi River. Located in the Midwest, St. Louis is right at the geographical center point of the United States and is also well known for being the beginning point of the Westward Expansion of the U.S. Here we'll visit the Gateway Arch, a 630-foot monument that the world’s tallest arch and commemorates the striving men during this historical migration and land expansion. We will also visit the Cathedral Basilica of Saint Louis. The interior of the building is covered by 41.5 million pieces of mosaic glass in more than 7000 colors.
- Due to limited availability we cannot not offer an interior tour of Lincoln's home and we'll only see the exterior.
- Comfort Inn or similar
St. Louis - Memphis
Summary of The Day: After traveling back across the Mississippi, we'll reach Memphis, the city of music. The city echoes its Egyptian reference city with a huge modern Pyramid that we can see on the bus. We'll visit Graceland (admission not included), the mansion home of Elvis Presley, commonly regarded as the King of Rock and Roll. Elvis’ hit songs can be heard everywhere in Graceland to pay homage to this beloved superstar.
- Ramada Pearl / Jackson Airport or similar
Vacherie - New Orleans
Summary of The Day: Today we'll travel to Vacherie in Louisiana to see the Oak Alley Plantation (admission not included). At this U.S. National Historic Landmark, our attention will be attracted to the astonishing beauty that the plantation presents. The master’s mansion is contrasting with the slave quarter nearby. Two rows of 300-years-old oak trees conceals the amazing quarter-mile-long garden road.
We will also have a swamp tour (admission not included), a fun and adventurous yet safe boat ride that showcases the unique eco system of New Orleans region. You’ll have opportunities to see alligators, snakes, turtles, egrets, herons, ibis and many other species as well as many strange looking plants living in the swamp.
After going to the hotel, it is recommended to take an optional New Orleans night city tour (admission not included). In between corners of every old French style townhouse, you may find a live jazz performance. Every narrow block you turn to, there might be an oyster cocktail bar.
- La Quinta Inn or similar
New Orleans - Birmingham
Summary of The Day: Today you'll be free to explore New Orleans how ever you wish.
It is up to you whether you like to start your day in the Café Du Monde with a most original French Coffee and their famed sugar coated donut, or, immerse yourself in the liveliness of local street art. Feel free to visit the antique stores alongside the Royal Street, or randomly jump in a jazz bar on the Bourbon Street. You can also visit Jackson Square which was built to commemorate General Andrew Jackson. St. Louis Cathedral and steamboat are also within walking distance. And, if anything, don’t miss out the chance to try some authentic Cajun food.
Afterwards, we'll bid farewell to New Orleans and head to Alabama State by noon. Passing through Birmingham, the largest city in Alabama and key point during Civil Right Movement in 60s, you will learn and feel how much the tears and blood of demonstrators shed for human rights and equality. The violent moments frozen in the silent statues in Kelly Ingram Park depict the unforgettable story passing through generations.
- Days Inn Attalla / Best Western or similar
Chattanooga - Gatlinburg - Pigeon Forge
Summary of The Day: Today we'll leave for Tennessee and arrive at Chattanooga to explore the magnificent Lookout Mountain at the top of Rock City (admission not included). It is said seven neighboring states might be seen from Lover's Leap, one of the scenic points in the Rock City. We are sure you will be amazed by the breathtaking panoramic views of natural landscape, massive ancient rock formations, and gardens with over 400 native plant species.
We'll continue on through the Great Smoky Mountains which is inhabited by a variety of animals. Then we will reach Gatlinburg, a charming mountain town with a variety of unique shops, restaurants and boutique hotels.
Our Tennessee visit reaches the climax of the day with a visit to the most popular dinner attraction in the U.S.: Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede (admission not included). Here you can enjoy a meal at the dinner theatre and watch a brilliant show with 32 horses and a cast of top-notch riders. They will thrill you with daring feats, pitting North against South in a friendly and fun rivalry. You will enjoy music, dancing, special effects and family friendly comedy along the way. With such a visual spectacular and taste buds satisfaction, the experience composed is second to none.
- Clarion Inn / Baymont Inn & Suites or similar
Berea - Lexington - Simpsonville - Louisville
Summary of The Day: From Tennessee we'll head to Kentucky, the Bluegrass State. We'll stop by Kentucky Artisan Center, a state tourism agency celebrating Kentucky’s charming local folk art wares.
Later, we'll arrive in Lexington, the Horse Capital of the World, and visit Kentucky Horse Park. This equestrian facility is a 1,224-acre park features various shows and museums open to public. Kentucky Horse Park has also been home to many of the world's best competition horses, and a nursery ground to many rare horses.
Lastly, we will head to the shopping outlet at Simpsonville where you can purchase many namebrand styles and outfits at a low state sales tax.
Our overnight accommodations will be in Louisville.
- We will visit the statue of champion horse and its championship career in front of the park if Kentucky Horse Park is closed.
- Ramada Louisville / Days Inn or similar
Indianapolis - West Lafayette - Chicago
Summary of The Day: Today we'll enter Indiana and see the exterior of the Indiana State House in Indianapolis. Then we'll travel to West Lafayette to see Purdue University, the giant public flagship university that was founded in 1869 (admission not included). The West Lafayette campus offers more than 200 majors for undergraduates, over 70 graduate and doctoral programs. Purdue has produced 23 astronauts who have been chosen for space flight, including Neil Armstrong.
In the late afternoon we'll arrive back in Chicago, ending this fantastic U.S. tour.
When returning Chicago, guests can also choose to be dropped off at the rest stops or cities along the way. Please check with your tour guide in advance.
Please book your departure flight from Chicago area airport after 7:00pm.
Standard Price/Person By Occupancy
|USD $764.00||USD $509.00||USD $515.00||USD $1,058.00|
Buy 2 Get 3rd Discounted|
*The third guest joins the tour at a discounted rate (except applicable admission fees, mandatory tips, optional activities, and own expense items) on shared room basis.
*For buy 2 get 3rd discounted promotion, please choose the actual passenger numbers so that we can reserve the bus seat for each passenger.
*** Standard Amendment, Cancellation and Refund Policy applies to discounted-fare passenger based on triple or quadruple price.
*No-shows will be assessed a penalty fee $405.00 per passenger, that is to be paid in cash by the other participating travelers of the reservation.
*Price for Single Occupancy applies when one person stays in one standard hotel room.
*Price for Double/Triple/Quadruple Occupancy applies when two/three/four people stay in one standard hotel room respectively.
*Triple/Quadruple price does not guarantee a third/fourth bed in the room since each room is equipped with 2 beds. Please check the availability at the time of check-in.
*Child enjoys the same price as adult as the 3rd/4th person in one room.
*Maximum room capacity: 4 people including adult and child/infant.
- Complimentary pick-up from chosen location and drop-off
- 7-night hotel accommodations
- Ground transportation in air-conditioned tour coach
- Professional tour escort
- Airfares or related transportation between your home and Chicago
- All personal expenses, additional hotel services, and meals
- Service Fee for tour guide (min. USD 8.00/day per person)
- Admissions and optional tours (prices may vary due to the season and are subject to the final box office price. All optional tours that include a service fee must be paid for in cash before joining the tour.):
- Chicago Cruise: $35.00/Adult; $21.00/Child(3-12); $32.00/Senior(65+) (Only available in Summer)
- Chicago Architecture Walk Tour(Winter): $20.00/Adult; $15.00/Child(3-12); $20.00/Senior(65+)
- The Art Institute of Chicago: $25.00/Adult; Free/Child(14-); $19.00/Senior(62+)(From 4/1/2017, new price will be applied: $25.00/Adult; Free/Child(14-); $19.00/Child(14-17); $19.00/Senior(65+))
- 360 Chicago: $25.00/Adult; $18.00/Child(3-12); $25.00/Senior(62+)
- The Chicago Theatre: $15.00/Adult; $10.00/Child(3-12); $15.00/Senior(62+)
- Graceland: $39.00/Adult; $18.00/Child((3-12); $35.00/Senior(62+)
- Oak Alley Plantation: $22.00/Adult; $5.00/Child(6-12); $8.00/Child(13-18); $22.00/Senior(65+)
- New Orleans Night Tour: $25.00/Adult; $15.00/Child(3-12); $25.00/Senior(65+)
- New Orleans Swamp Tour: $26.00/Adult; $16.00/Child(3-12); $26.00/Senior(65+)
- Kentucky Horse Park: $20.00/Adult; $9.00/Child(3-12); Free/Child(under 5); $20.00/Senior(65+)
- Purdue University: $10.00/Adult; $7.00/Child(3-12); $10.00/Senior(65+)
- Tour guides and drivers rely upon the service fees charged on the tour to supplement their income. The wages of tour guides and drivers are determined factoring in that they will receive service fees to augment their earnings. Please pay at least the recommended service fee because the tour guides and drivers work hard to accommodate many people on the tour.
- The itinerary and operating dates may change due to weather, traffic and other reasons during our busy season. Please reconfirm your order prior to the departure date.
- In the event of overbooking during peak season, we will arrange for you to stay at a hotel of equal or near-equal standards of service.
- Flight information must be provided in order for airport transfer services to be arranged. If flight information is not provided or relayed at the last minute, we will assume you have arranged your own transportation and no driver will be sent. If you decide to make the trip from the airport to the hotel yourself, please inform us at your earliest convenience. If you opt out of airport transfer service, you may still request said service provided we receive the request well in advance. Urgent requests to reinstate airport shuttle service will not be guaranteed. If a flight is delayed, Tours4Fun / local provider will attempt to arrange pick-up at a later time, but this is not guaranteed. If an airport transfer service is not available, all guests are responsible for arranging their own transportation from the airport to the hotel.
- Please Note:
1. Guests are not allowed to use a CITY PASS and admission ticket purchased by themselves to join the sightseeing attractions included in this tour.
2. Guests who do use a CITY PASS or admission ticket purchased by themselves, will not be offered the transportation service for that day, and will possible need to pay a penalty fee. Please consult your tour guide for details.
- Language: This tour is escorted by a professional bilingual tour guide and/or driver guide (English/Chinese). Tours and/or languages may be combined to operate this tour depending on the number of passengers who have booked a particular departure.
- Bus Arrangement: Passengers on the same reservation will be arranged on the same bus unless stated otherwise. If you wish to be on the same bus as another party /an existing reservation, please note your request with the reservation number in the comment section on the checkout page or notify us at least 24 hours prior to tour departure.
- Tours4Fun cooperates with top local area tour operators and ensures the best quality of services to all travelers. We provide tour coaches that all are insured with a liability insurance coverage from $5,000,000 to $10,000,000 to make sure that your trips are safer and more enjoyable.
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.Ask Us
Have our experienced tour consultant give you a call.
Why Book with Tours4Fun?
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Hand-picked Tours & Activities
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer care available 24/7
Customer ReviewsSee All
You May Also Like
8-Day Chicago City and New York City Tour