Summary of The Day: Chester was founded as a “castrum” or Roman fort in the year 79 AD by the Roman Legio II Adiutrix during the reign of the Emperor Vespasian. Chester's four main roads, Eastgate, Northgate, Watergate and Bridge, follow routes laid out at this time - almost 2,000 years ago. No city in Britain is richer in terms of archaeological and architectural treasures than Chester with its Walled City on the River Dee. This tour will introduce you to the City Walls, the Cathedral, Roman Amphitheatre and all the things to do in the city. Discover how Chester has survived and prospered through the ebb and flow of history as you are transported through the city.
Chester City Tour
1 - City Road / Station Road
2 - Foregate St
3 - Vicars Lane
4 - The Groves
5 - Lower Bridge St
6 - Castle Drive
7 - Car & Coach Park
8 - Handbridge
9 - Lower Bridge St
10 - Grosvenor St
11 - Old Port Area
12 - Princess St / Hunters Walk
13 - Delamere Street
14 - St Werburgh Street
The vouchers can be redeemed at any of the bus stops.
Frequency: every 30 minutes from 10:00am to 4:00pm
* Adult: 16 and older
* Child: 5-15
* Children younger than 5 are free of charge.
* Tour prices are based on GBP and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Your ticket is redeemable for 3 months from purchase.
Ticket must be used on consecutive days.
Once your reservation has been made, this tour is non-refundable.
Full mobility facilities on all tour buses.
Language: This tour is escorted by a professional bilingual tour guide and/or driver guide(English/Chinese). Tours and/ or languages may be combined to operate this tour depending on the number of passengers who have booked a particular departure.
Bus Arrangement: Passengers on the same reservation will be arranged on the same bus unless stated otherwise. If you wish to be on the same bus as another party /an existing reservation, please note your request with the reservation number in the comment section on the checkout page or notify us at least 24 hours prior to tour departure.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.