Summary of The Day: This full-day trip from Paris is an opportunity to discover three of the Loire Valley's most famous chateaux with an official guide. Visit the majestic Chateau de Chambord, surrounded by one of the largest forest parks in Europe, the charming Chateau de Chenonceau, built across the River Cher, and the private, atmospheric Chateau de Cheverny. Experience what life was like during the Renaissance period in these stunning properties that once accommodated the courts of the Kings of France.
We'll set off from our agency in central Paris at 7:15am for a special day touring the Loire Valley. Relax on a luxury air-conditioned coach as you take in the beautiful French countryside before arriving at Chateau de Chambord at around 9:30am.
Chambord is one of the largest chateaux in the Loire Valley, situated within a sprawling hunting ground. It was built for King Francis I of France in the 16th century with the help of none other than Leonardo da Vinci. See the amazing double helix staircase, which represented the Tree of Life during the Middle Ages, and the chateau's wide panoramic terrace with its sea of chimneys overlooking the grounds.
Chenonceau, also known as the The Ladies' Castle, was built during the 16th Century and has been home to many well-known aristocratic French ladies, such as Diane de Poitiers, Catherine de Medici and the White Queen, Louise de Lorraine. You could almost be dreaming as Chenonceau appears over the River Cher. Its fairytale architecture bears witness to a sophisticated and typically French style of living, with elegantly furnished floral rooms, tapestries, antique paintings and fascinating kitchens housed in the piers of the bridge that supports the chateau.
The final chateau of the day, Cheverny, is a stately home decorated with beautiful furnishings dating from the 17th century, with remarkably well-preserved interiors.
At each chateau you will be taken on a tour lasting between 45 minutes and 1 hour, followed by free time to discover your own secret corners. At the end of the day, we will arrive back in Paris at around 8:00pm.
In winter (November 1 to March 31), lunch is included at the St Hubert Hotel Restaurant in Cour-Cheverny (five minutes from Cheverny). On the menu is homemade salmon terrine with lemon sauce, baby vegetables and eggs; roast turkey with green beans, provencal tomatoes and sauteed potatoes; and warm apple tart (drinks included).
In Summer (April 1 to October 31) lunch is not included, but your guide will be happy to recommend local restaurants.
Apr to Oct:
- Mon: English, Spanish, Chinese
- Tue: English, Spanish, Japanese, Portuguese
- Wed: English, French, Portuguese, Chinese
- Thu: English, Spanish, Chinese
- Sat: English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese
- Sun: English, Portuguese, Japanese, Italian
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 3 to 11 years of age
*Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Transportation in luxury air-conditioned motorcoach
Admission to the three chateaux (Chambord, Chenonceau, and Cheverny)
Three-course lunch with drinks during the winter season
On Saturdays and Mondays between April 1 and October 31, the tour of Chateau de Cheverny is replaced by Chateau d'Amboise.
October 3rd, 5th, 10th, 12th: You will visit Chateaux d'Amboise, Chenonceau and Cheverny.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.