Summary of The Day: Chateau de Fontainebleau was the French monarchs' preferred residence for a period spanning eight centuries. Significant both historically and architecturally, Chateau de Fontainebleau was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1981.
You will be awestruck by the emblematic horseshoe-shaped staircase, the opulent Galleries and the equally sumptuous Apartments and Chapel. Your ticket also gives you access to the four main courtyards, one French garden, and two English landscape parks.
Palace hours of operation:
October to March: 9:30am - 5:00pm (last admission at 4:15pm)
April to September: 9:30am - 6:00pm (last admission at 5:15pm)
Courtyards and gardens:
November to February: 9:00am - 5:00pm daily
March, April and October: 9:00am - 6:00pm daily
May to September: 9:00am - 7:00pm daily
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 18 and older
* Free for European citizens under 26 years of age and all visitors under 17 years of age.
* Prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when cancelled.
Please present your voucher at the ticket counter at the entrance to Palace Fontainebleau.
Diane Garden admits the last visitors half an hour before closing time.
The Palace of Fontainebleau is closed on January 1, May 1 and December 25.
The Ballroom closes at 4:00pm from October to March and 5:00pm from April to September.
The Chinese museum and the Papal apartment are closed between 11:30am and 2:30pm, except on weekends and French holidays.
The English garden admits the last visitors one hour before closing time. Garden closures are frequent in spring, autumn and winter.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.