Summary of The Day: Discover the famous region of Champagne, birthplace of the drink of kings, on a fantastic day trip from Paris to Champagne. Relax and escape the bustle of the city for a fully guided tour aboard our air-conditioned coach as we travel into the heart of French luxury.
Let the excitement flow through as your guide’s regales you of the grand history of the Champagne region - their passion for the Champagne region leaves them eager to share their extensive knowledge - before you arrive at your first top on the tour: the quaint town of Epernay. A charming hamlet plays host to the Avenue de Champagne, famously known as the most expensive avenue in the world thanks to the hordes of champagne stowed in the chalk cellars that stretch for miles underneath it. Here we'll descend into these underground tunnels and explore them for yourself as you visit the esteemed champagne house of Mercier, known for being the number one selling champagne in France. Our guide will show how these cellars were considered revolutionary at the time of their construction and learn about their architect - the visionary founder of this house.
After stepping back into the daylight, we'll have free time to explore this charming enclave. Take a walk down this luxurious avenue, passing by stunning mansions, or sample some of the traditional local cuisine. Feel free to ask your guide for any tailored recommendations on how best to enjoy this lap of luxury.
Then, we'll settle back into our comfortable coach and continue our journey along the Route de Champagne, following a winding tour through the rolling vineyards to your next destination, Hautvillers. The birthplace of Champagne, this lovely village shoulders a rich history within the region, in part due to the Benedictine Abbey, who's cellar master was the monk Dom Perignon, who's research improved the quality of wine throughout Champagne.
We'll take a walking tour through the village, uncovering the history of this beautiful region, including the myths and tales of Dom Perignon. While Perignon’s tomb in the local church is a monument to his legacy, Hautvillers also has a fascinating way of recognizing the talents of its other inhabitants - beautiful forged iron signs decorate the faces of shops and houses, revealing the trade of those who dwell within.
After exploring two of the most iconic Champagne villages in France, we'll enter a family-run boutique estate who's legacy extends for generations. Join us as a local expert teaches you every detail of the champagne-making process. Stroll through the vineyard, learning everything from planting to the harvest, before visiting the pressoir where these carefully cultivated fruits are pressed, and where the estate’s award-winning champagne is delicately assembled.
Our tour will lead us through their candle-lit cellars, revealing trade secrets on how best to mature and store champagne, before allowing us a peek at their incredible collection of rare vintages. This estate has long been home to the very finest of champagnes - you will be thrilled to come across the stunning private chateau of Veuve Clicquot on your tour of these grounds.
A long day of touring and exploring will surely work up a thirst, and we'll end the day with a tasting of 3 of the estate's champagnes. Relax on the beautiful terrace overseeing the vineyards stretching before you as you enjoy a much earned toast. With your palate honed and possibly with stars dancing in your mouth, board your private coach back to Paris and ordinary life, happy in the knowledge that you have experienced a drop of paradise.
We normally return to the meeting point at around 6:30pm.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 15 and older
* Child: 4-14 years of age
* Participation is free for children under the age of 4.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Guided walking tour of Hautvillers
Guided visit of a private Champagne cellars and champagne tasting
Guided visit of Mercier Champagne cellars and champagne tasting
Expert, English-speaking guide
Small group sizes of 25 people or fewer
Audio headsets when appropriate so you can always hear your guide
We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or mobility impairments on the tour.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.