Summary of The Day: After picking you up at around 9:00am from your hotel in Merida, we'll head out on a stunning tour of the Yucatan's unique cenotes (sinkholes) and several Spanish-style estate, also known as "Haciendas."
Our first stop will be at Hacienda Yaxcopoil at 9:45am (admission not included). The name of this hacienda means in the Maya language “the place of the green Alamo tree” and dates back to the XVII century. Here we'll learn about three main pages of Mexico's history: pre-Colombian, Spanish colonial, and the splendor of the sisal fiber industry during the XIX and the early XX century. The walking tour consists in visiting the main house with its high ceilings and large windows and other rooms where there are Mayan artifacts found in the surroundings.
At 10:00am we'll continue to the municipality of Peba, located only 15 minutes from Yaxcopoil Hacienda, where there is a Cenote surrounded by a wide variety of flora and fauna still used for the Mayan traditional medicine (admission not included). The shallow and transparent water of this cenote is great for kids and adults to enjoy a relaxing swim.
Then, around 11:45am, we will continue to Yaaludzil Cenote (admission not included), an open cenote of turquoise water located in the Mayan village of Mucuyche, where we can enjoy the traditions and customs of the local people.
Around 1:30pm, we will go to Hacienda Ochil (admission not included), arriving there at 2:15pm. The walls of this charming hacienda keep the original features of the XVIII century when the sisal fiber industry was at its best and the main house has photographs and drawings from that period. You can enjoy some free time to visit the museum full of original artifacts from the hacienda, buy souvenirs made by local artisans at the craft shop, and try the best typical food prepared by the local people at the restaurant.
At 3:30pm, we'll begin our journey back to Merida.
Hotel pick-up time at around 9:00am.
We suggest passengers to bring a bathing suit, towel and money for snacks or a box lunch.
Please be waiting in the lobby of your hostel 15 minutes before the specified time.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.