Summary of The Day: Experience the scenic beauty of the Moravian Karst, a protected nature area located north of Brno. Peer into the depths of the Macocha Abyss, travel along the Punkva River into the cave system, and enjoy lunch at a local restaurant on this 6-hour tour.
The Moravian Karst of Central Europe comprises an array of geological features that include more than 1,000 caverns and gorges. One of the few accessible features is the Macocha Abyss that was formed when the ceiling of a cave collapsed. The Abyss has a depth of 138 meters, and it is from here that the Punkva River begins to run underground.
On this 6-hour excursion from Brno, you'll explore the Punkva cave system first by eco-train, and then on a boat ride down the Punkva River, which feeds 2 rock pools and flows through rock massifs in the caves.
After the boat trip, you’ll climb by cable car to the Upper Bridge. The views into the depths of the Macocha Abyss from both the Upper or Lower Bridges are unforgettable.
Enjoy lunch at a restaurant on the Upper Bridge (or in Krtiny Castle Restaurant). On the way back to Brno, you’ll stop in the market town of Krtiny to see the pilgrimage church, which was built in the 18th century.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adults: 15 and older
* Children: 3-14 years old
* Children from ages 0-2 years old are free of charge.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
This tour is available in English, German, and Russian. This tour takes place daily ( October-April except Mondays) all year round at 9am and April, October weekends and May-September daily at 1:00pm for a minimum of two people. You will be picked up at their hotel by the guide.
Please indicate your language of choice during booking.
Tours at 1:00pm will include dinner instead of lunch.
The tour is for minimally 2 persons per booking. If you are travelling alone, we may not be able to confirm your booking.
In order to protect your personal property, please bring any valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.