Flagstaff - Page - Horseshoe Bend - Glen Dam - Cathedral Canyon - Flagstaff
Summary of The Day: Heading north on Hwy 89 we will go through the Painted Desert which was named on an expedition led by Francisco Vázquez de Coronado on his 1540 quest to find the seven cities of Cibola which were supposedly made out of pure gold.
Travelling through this colorful desert you will also see the Vermillion Cliffs, which are like the Painted Desert part of the Navajo Nation (Dine’tah). You will learn about the history, folklore and ways of life of these people, since it is one of the biggest Tribal Nations in the United States.
After arriving in Page, Arizona you will get the opportunity to do a 1.4 mile hike to the “Horseshoe Bend” overlook to take pictures of the Colorado River below you. This is one of the most photographed views in the World. With a little luck you might see some river rafts going down the Colorado.
The next stop will be Glen Dam where you will enjoy your boxed lunch (turkey sandwich, chips, fruit salad and a cookie). After lunch we will allow time to explore the information center of Glen Dam, take pictures of the Dam itself which is just as impressive as Hoover Dam, the Colorado River and Lake Powell.
The final destination will be the majestic Cathedral Canyon! On this nature hike your guide will point out various facts about the animal life in the area and the native plants once used by the Navajo ancestors long ago and what the local Navajo people still use today. You will also appreciate the fantastic rock formations that this canyon tour offers (Cathedral Hall, Four Sisters, Thumb Rock, Pucket Rock, and of course the astonishing slot canyons of this region). This adventure provides a personal touch to explore the beauty of the Navajo land.
Pick-up in Flagstaff: 7:00 – 7:30 am
Please remark your hotel name and address when making reservations online.
Minimum of 4 guests are required to operate the tour. If your group is smaller than 4 guests, we will reconfirm the availability for you.
Guests need to be able to navigate through a 2 foot slot Canyon at one point, and they need to navigate up a 5 foot ladder at one point.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.