Summary of The Day: Turkey is a country filled with singular landscapes, and Cappadocia is no exception. Journey with us on an out-of-this-world tour through Cappadocia's breathtaking natural wonders.
After a short 10-minute drive we'll come to the lunar landscape of Cappadocia. Your guide will briefly introduce to you the history, culture and geological formations of Cappadocia, then lead you on a 20-25 minute hike of the area, followed by an excursion to Pasabag Valley for a closer look at the weird and wonderful rock formations there.
Next we'll visit the ancient city of Cavusin with its cave mosque, pigeon homes and troglodyte dwellings. Everything in Cavusin was carved out of soft rock formations rising up from the valley floor - a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see an ancient tradition and a truly fascinating way of life.
Avanos, the region's terracotta arts center since 3000 BC, is our next stop. Here we'll watch a demonstration at a traditional pottery workshop, for a glimpse into the world of pottery as it was thousands of years ago. You'll also have the opportunity to make your own clay pot; the local craftsmen will be happy to show you some pointers.
After lunch at a local restaurant, we'll visit the famous Goereme Open Air Museum to see the finest examples of Byzantine art in Cappadocia, making stops at Uchisar and Pigeon Valleys, as well as Estentepe, where you'll be treated to Turkish tea and jaw-dropping views of Goreme Valley.
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 6-11 years of age
* Children under 6 years of age join the tour for free.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Present your voucher to the guide at the beginning of the tour.
No more than 12 people per group.
While Istanbul is quite liberal, Turks dress conservatively in public. To respect local customs, please dress in clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. This applies to men and women. Turkish people do not wear shoes in the home so wear a pair that slip on and off easily.
Winters in Istanbul can be freezing cold and summers extremely hot and humid. We recommend that you wear layers in autumn and winter, and light, breathable clothing in summer.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.