Summary of The Day: Welcome to the Academy - the only place on the planet with an aquarium, planetarium, natural history museum, and a 4-story rainforest - all under one roof. It's a stunning architectural achievement with hundreds of unique exhibits and nearly 40,000 live animals.
Admission to the California Academy of Sciences includes access to all museum and aquarium exhibits, including the rainforest, planetarium, and living roof. Admission to this popular Bay Area attraction includes a wide range of daily programs and activities, including dive shows, penguin feedings, swamp talks and more. It's fun for the whole family!
• The #1 Ticketed Attraction in San Francisco
• Named by Conde Nast' Traveler as one of the new 'Wonders of the World'
• Enjoy 'skip-the-lines' access to the Academy
• Explore the wonders of the Natural World, come face to face with live animals and specimens
• Interact with Academy scientists and researchers
• Journey from the depths of the flooded Amazon rainforest to the outer reaches of known Galaxies of the Universe
• Stand in awe before the Tyrannosaurus Rex
• One Ticket - One Price - Your ticket is valid for all shows and exhibits within the Academy
• World Class Sustainable Dining
• Memorable gifts from a variety of retail stores
Steinhart Aquarium: Home to 38,000 live creatures from around the world. Watch sharks and rays, explore a Philippine Coral Reef, meet a giant sea bass and giant Pacific octopus, and encounter an albino alligator and other fearsome creatures in The Swamp.
Morrison Planetarium: The world's largest all-digital planetarium. Utilizing images generated from a live NASA feed allow the planetarium to produce the most accurate and interactive digital Universe ever created.
Rainforests of the World: Step inside a living 4-story rainforest, with dripping water, croaking frogs and chirping birds. Peer into a bat cave, meet chameleons, and climb into the tree-tops to find free-flying birds and butterflies.
Kimball Natural History Museum: This focuses on the evolution of life on Earth and maintenance of life on Earth. Among popular exhibits are the skeletons of a vast Tyrannosaurus Rex and an 87 foot long blue whale.
Daily Events: Fun-to-watch events include feeding time in the African Penguin Colony and Coral Reef Dives, in which a diver descends into the world's deepest living coral reef exhibit and tells you all about it.
This is just a taste of all the enthralling exhibits and events at this cutting edge scientific institution.
The Academy will be closed Christmas and Thanksgiving.
Mon - Sat: 9:30am to 5:00pm
Sun: 11:00am to 5:00pm.
PLEASE NOTE: The building closes at 5:00pm sharp. Visitors can enter the building until 4:00pm.
The California Academy of Sciences is located at: 55 Music Concourse Drive, Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CA 94118
For express entry exchange this voucher for admission at the "Service Desk", located at the right side of the main entrance of California Academy of Sciences, 55 Music Concourse Drive, Golden Gate Park, San Francisco. NightLife is over 21yrs only picture ID required.
Please note: The Planetarium is very popular and tickets are handed out on a first-come first-served basis due to limited seating. Visit the cart at the planetarium theater to pickup a show pass. In addition, please remember that the show is not appropriate for kids 6 and under, and that children 3 and under are not permitted.
Tickets are non-refundable.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.