Summary of The Day: Depart from your Santiago hotel in a comfortable, air-conditioned minivan and relax during the scenic southeastern drive to the heart of the Andean mountain range.
We'll ascend a winding off-road path and admire the stunning sights as arrive at the dramatic valley of Cajon del Maipo. Marvel at the hypnotizing landscape, natural panorama for jagged snow-capped peaks, bounteous orchards and verdant vineyards.
We'll disembark at 9,843 feet (3,000 meters) above sea level at the Embalse el Yeso reservoir where we'll set out on a walk around the glittering turquoise waters of the lake. Capture incredible photographs as you circumvent the rugged canyons, listening to captivating commentary about the geology and ecology of the area with your expert guide.
Then we'll return to the vehicle and enjoy a delicious picnic-cocktail accompanied with a nice selection of Chilean wines. After filling our stomachs we'll venture along a picturesque rural road to San Jose de Maipo, a charming town enveloped by the Andean mountains. Declared the capital of the region since 1792, the provincial pueblo boasts quaint artisan shops and an ambient central plaza.
Take some time to stroll the serene streets, learning about local folklore as you absorb beautiful views of the surrounding mountains and try a traditional "empanada" at a local empanada shop.
Then we'll return to the minivan and appreciate the luscious landscape as you travel back to your Santiago hotel.
Your guide and driver pick you up at your hotel between 8:00am and 8:30am and drop you off at about 6:00pm in the evening.
It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes, and bring sunglasses, sunscreen, a jacket, gloves (in winter), and sunscreen.
This tour is subject to favorable weather conditions. If it rains or snows, you will take an alternate route and visit San Jose Volcano and the village of Banos Morales instead of the reservoir.
Please bring all valuable items with you. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
- 33 or more days prior to the departure date: 20% of tour cost
- 8-32 days prior to the departure date: 50% of tour cost
- 0-7 days prior to the departure date: 100% of tour cost
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.