Summary of The Day: Experience two thrilling and scenic trips into the natural world around Cairns with a combined horse riding and ATV tour! We'll pick you up right from your hotel in the morning and head out north of Cairns to Yorkeys Knob, where our adventure will begin.
We'll begin with our horseback riding tour into the local rainforest, but first we'll fit you for a helmet and introduce you to your horse. After a safety lesson - fit for any skill level and age - we'll head out on a scenic ride through rainforests, wetlands, sugarcane fields, and local Australian bushlands! Our horses have a friendly, mature nature and will be matched to each riders experience and ability. Draw up on horse-back alongside our 18 acre billabong for a billy tea over a camp fire and the chance to see a croc in the wild!
Then we'll return to Yorkeys Knob for a lunch break, complete with bottomless tea and coffee. There will be cafe style food available for purchase.
Next, we'll start our thrilling ATV tour. After a safety lesson to get you comfortable on your bike, we'll cruise out through the area for you to practice your new skills and enjoy a fun-filled trip. With a fleet of both 90cc and 250cc bikes, your guides will ensure the perfect balance between safety and fun! So easy to ride, our group sizes remain small, to guarantee your personalized experience. Anyone can do it!
Then we'll return to Yorkeys Knob for another coffee break before returning you to your accommodation.
This tour has two departure times:
8:45am - 2:00pm
10:45am - 4:00pm
* You must be at least 12 years old to join the tour.
* Horse riding maximum weight 120 kgs / 260 pounds.
* No experience necessary, no license required.
* Tour prices are based on AUD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Professional tour guide
90 minutes of horse back riding time
90 minutes of ATV quad bike riding time
90cc and 250cc quad bikes available to suit competency levels
From pickup point to drop off point the tour is approximately 5 hours in duration.
Please wear long pants, enclosed shoes, a peak cap and bring money for souvenir photos, snacks and drinks.
Our horses are exceptionally well treated and maintained and all have a friendly nature (like our tour guides!) We will match each guest with a horse that compliments the riders experience and ability.
Generally we have a minimum of 1 guide for every 6 customers.
Groups are usually kept to a maximum of 12 people.
We have 30 fabulous healthy horses, mainly Australian Stock Horses but we also have a selection of Quarter Horses, Arabians and many others. All with individual characters and great temperaments.
We use Australian Stock Saddles. We are the only horseriding company to exclusively use “Saferider” stirrups with a quick release mechanism to prevent accidents.
Our Honda TRX250 ATV’s are very well maintained and are powerful enough to let you feel great acceleration and grunt. They are ultra manoevrable and as safe as possible. The ride itself which is on a trail separate from the horse rides is exciting and has great views. There are a few water traps and hill climbs to negotiate. You will be trained first and then examined to see if you can handle the power and then we let you loose on the trail (under guided supervision). There is a smaller bike option for people not comfortable with the larger quad bikes.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.