Summary of The Day: Get out and stay out! In Cairns, we love the outdoors, and this tour will get you up close and personal with some of our favorite things - hiking, gardens, nature, wildlife, and fish and chips!
This nature tour in Cairns kicks off with a ride on the local bus, as we head for the wondrous Cairns Botanical Gardens. We’ll take the Red Arrow Track and follow it for a 40 minute hike to the top of Mount Whitfield where, no surprise here, you’ll be treated to an amazing Cairns view or two! Drink in the fantastic vistas of Trinity Inlet, the city of Cairns, and its beautiful surrounding natural environment and marina. It’s a pretty breathtaking sight, so don’t forget to take photos!
From here on, we’ll head towards the Aboriginal Plants and Gardens area along the Gondawanan Heritage Walk, where you’ll gain knowledge of the variety of medicinal plants used throughout history (and even today) all over Australia.
By this point, we bet you’ll be pretty hungry, so after a good stretch, it’ll be time for some lunch! We’ve got a picnic lunch planned, with locally caught fish and chips to indulge in. Tuck in and enjoy - you’ve earned it!
Full and happy, we jump back on the bus to go back downtown, where we’ll visit the iconic Dome for another elevated view of the city. While at the Dome, you’ll have the chance to try some of the optional ZOOm activities and get a photo with a koala, if you fancy.
By this point you’ll have seen Cairns from several different vantage points, and tried a couple of Cairns outdoor activities, giving you a great understanding of just why we love living here.
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 6-11 years of age
* Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge, but cannot do the Dome Climb. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
* Tour prices are based on Australian dollars (AUD) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
Please note that the Visitors Centre at Botanic Gardens is closed on public holidays.
Please wear comfortable footwear such as sneakers or runners. Bring a hat and water in case it’s a very hot day.
If it is a scorcher of a day, we will take our guests for a walk around the Botanic Gardens instead of taking them up Mt Whitfield as the heat will be too overbearing.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.