Summary of The Day: Despite its size, Cairns has so much to offer. From its incredible natural beauty to its fun nightlife, here’s a chance to see and do it all, with a local guide - which, as we all know, means you'll get to see the very best of the best Cairns has to offer!
Your Cairns city tour kicks off with a ride on the local bus, as we head for the wondrous Botanical Gardens. We’ll take the Red Arrow Track and follow it for a 40 minute hike to the top of Mount Whitfield where you’ll be treated to some incredible views. Drink in the fantastic vistas of Trinity Inlet, the city of Cairns, and its beautiful surrounding natural environment and marina - something you'll definitely want your camera for!
As we continue to tour Cairns, we’ll head towards the Aboriginal Plants and Gardens area along the Gondawanan Heritage Walk, where you’ll gain knowledge of the variety of medicinal plants used throughout history (and even today) all over Australia.
By this point on this Cairns tour, we bet you’ll be pretty hungry, so after a good stretch, it’ll be time for some lunch! We’ve got a picnic lunch planned, with locally caught fish and chips to indulge in. Tuck in and enjoy - you’ve earned it!
Full and happy, we jump back on the bus to go back downtown, where we’ll visit the iconic Dome for another elevated view of the city at sunset, kicking off the evening portion of our cultural tour of Cairns.
After the epic sunset, we head straight for the night markets. There’s so much to explore at the Cairns Night Markets, but we recommend starting off with a crepe (it goes really well with honey from the local honey shop across the way!) We’ll pay visits to several local artists, including Steve, a glass blower, and Glen, a didgeridoo player. You can see both of these artists in action, as well as many others.
From there, it’s time for a little relaxing - a pampering 40 minute massage awaits! Once you’re all relaxed, it’ll be time for a bite to eat. You’ll get to sample local cuisine like fish, beef, kangaroo, and crocodile - does it taste like chicken?! - before leaving the night markets and heading for the famous Esplanade.
Cairns is known for its ocean-front Esplanade, a picturesque boardwalk where we’ll give you some insight into the history of Cairns and share local stories before arriving at our last stop - one of a few of our favorite local hotspots. This final destination depends on opening hours, but there are a number of great local spots around here we can go to. If anything, we're spoilt for choice!
We’ll spend the rest of the night mixing and mingling with locals, enjoying a cocktail, beer, or glass of wine, and nibbling on some tapas, if you feel so inclined. Not a bad way to spend an evening in Cairns, don’t you think?
At the end of the tour we will return to the meeting point.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 6-11 years of age
* Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
* Tour prices are based on Australian dollars (AUD) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
Please note that the Visitors Centre at Botanic Gardens is not open on public holidays.
Please wear comfortable footwear such as sneakers or runners. Bring a hat and water in case it’s a hot day.
If it is a scorcher of a day, we will take our guests for a walk around the Botanic Gardens instead of taking them up Mt Whitfield as the heat will be too overbearing.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.