Summary of The Day: Merry Christmas! Dress warm and bring your holiday cheer to this Christmas-themed tour of Budapest. Hungary is a Christian country, so Christmas is celebrated by almost all inhabitants. You’ll learn about local holiday traditions and why Santa Claus comes on the 6th of December - not Christmas Eve.
You’ll start your special Budapest tour at Deak Square, a common meeting point for the city’s locals, before heading out to the local market in Obuda, where we’ll show you the most typical of Hungarian Christmas goods. Along the way, you’ll learn about the history of this inner-city area.
Next, your Budapest tour will pass to the other side of the river Obuda, where you’ll have the chance to see another non-touristy area, where the locals of the Buda side of the city come to sip mulled wine.
From here we’ll jump on local transport to head back to the inner city, where we’ll visit St. Stephen’s Basilica, the most beautiful Catholic church in town.
After that, you’ll continue to the next market for more Christmas customs. You’ll get to sample some typical Christmas cake and learn why Hungarian families traditionally eat fish at this time of year.
As your Budapest tour strolls along the river, you’ll end up at a Christmas market that’s ranked one of the best in Europe. Celebrate the season with your new traveler friends under the biggest Christmas tree in Budapest.
Finally, your Budapest walking tour will end at one of the most charming Christmas markets in the city’s downtown, where you can stay as long as you like and keep exploring the culinary delights of an authentic Hungarian Christmas.
The tour ends at Voeroesmarty Square normally during 5:30pm and 6:00pm.
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 6-11 years of age
* Children under six years of age are not permitted on this tour.
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour is scheduled to begin.
Participants under the age of 18 will be served hot tea instead of mulled wine.
Tours are limited to 12 people per group.
Winters in Hungary are very cold, so dress warmly, wear a hat and gloves, and a snug pair of walking shoes.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.