Summary of The Day: Merry Christmas! Dress warm and bring your holiday cheer to this Christmas-themed tour of Budapest. You'll learn about local holiday traditions and why Santa Claus comes on the 6th of December, and not Christmas Eve.
We'll begin our Christmas tour at Oktogon Square, then head to the local markets to sample all the Christmas goodies, learning about the history of inner-city Budapest along the way.
Then we'll head into the Jewish Quarter, stopping in at local bar for a toasty drink before visiting the Hungarian State Opera House and St. Stephen's Basilica.
Afterwards we'll make our way to another popular market to sample traditional Christmas cake and learn why fish is the main course at Christmas dinners in Hungary.
Then we'll take you to a Christmas market consistently ranked one of the very best in all of Europe. Celebrate the season under the biggest Christmas tree in Budapest. Our tour will conclude at one of the most charming markets in the downtown area. Stay as long as you like and keep exploring the culinary delights of an authentic Hungarian Christmas.
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 6-11 years of age
* Children under six years of age are not permitted on this tour.
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour is scheduled to begin.
Participants under the age of 18 will be served hot tea instead of mulled wine.
Tours are limited to 12 people per group.
Winters in Hungary are very cold, so dress warmly, wear a hat and gloves, and a snug pair of walking shoes.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.