Summary of The Day: Hit the historical side of Budapest during this walking tour on the Castle Hill. Peek into the city’s oldest confectionary shop, hear stories and tales of the area’s past, and enjoy a few surprises along the way!
Get to know the real Hungary with this sightseeing tour in Budapest. Climb aboard a city tram for a ride along the riverbank while soaking up views of the Castle District's most stunning landmarks, including Matthias Church, Fishermen's Bastion and the Royal Palace.
Pass by the front of the house of parliament, one of Europe's oldest legislative buildings. Have a closer look at the lions guarding Chain Bridge, which spans the River Danube and connects Buda and Pest together. Learn about the history and stories behind some of the beautiful buildings spanning Andrassy Avenue. Lined with atmospheric cafes, restaurants, theatres and several boutiques, this is a great place to linger and soak up the atmosphere of the city. Call into Budapest's very first department store, adorned with ceiling frescos painted by one of its most famous artists, before weaving through the narrow streets to reach a traditional market.
Located well off the tourist trail this is a slice of real Hungarian life and is a great place to sample some tasty local fruits offered by local producers. Explore the old neighbourhood of Franz Liszt, Hungary's famous composer, before leaving the city centre behind to take a trip on the Metro. This is continental Europe's oldest underground, the second oldest system of its kind in the world, and its iconic Line 1 was opened by Franz Joseph, Austro-Hungarian Emperor, back in 1896. Get off at City Park to spend some time exploring this scenic location. Admire the wealth of beautiful buildings surrounding the park and learn about the statues adorning Heroes' Square at the main entrance.
Soak up the atmosphere of this region, walking beneath the shadow of the villa houses surrounding the park, before getting onboard the underground again to end this day tour in Budapest at the Opera House.
Ending point: Matthias Church (1014 Budapest, Szentharomsag ter 2).
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 6 to 11 years of age
* Children below the age of 6 are NOT permitted on this tour.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Please present your voucher to the local guide at the beginning of the trip.
Please arrive at the pick up location at least 15 minutes early.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
It was an excellent introduction to Budapest, seeing some of the main sights but also some unusual things I would not have seen on my own. Also useful to find out how to use public transport, order food etc. My guide was a font of knowledge...!Read full review