Changing of the Guard + Buckingham Palace + Afternoon Tea
Summary of The Day: Today, experience a quintessentially English experience with a tour that combines three age old traditions for any visitor to London: afternoon tea, witnessing the changing of the guard, and exploring the home of the Royal Family, Buckingham Palace. With the Palace only open for a limited time each year, this exclusive experience is the perfect final piece to your vacation to London.
We'll begin with one of the most sought after events, the Changing of the Guards at Buckingham Palace. An age old tradition and famous around the world, we'll witness it unfold outside the Palace or at the Horse Guards Parade. Wherever it is located, your expert, local guide will find the best spot to see the event, as it will get crowded. While you wait for it to begin they will provide commentary on the history and traditions surrounding the ceremony.
After the ceremony, we'll step inside Buckingham Palace, which only allows visitors for 2 months out of the year. On this exclusive and unique trip we'll discover the private residences of the world's most beloved and famous Royal Family with our pre-booked tickets. No guided is allowed to speak during this portion of the tour, but beforehand the guide will provide you with all the necessary background information so you may enjoy the Palace in relative peace and quiet. Travel through lavish apartments, richly decorated hallways, and enchanting sitting room. Expect only the finest in decorations from the Royal Family as the Palace holds some of the greatest treasures of the Royal Collection, from immaculate furniture to unmatched porcelain.
We'll end the day with a relaxing cup of afternoon tea at a luxury hotel. With the advice and instruction of your guide, you'll learn all the nuances and traditions surrounding this age old tradition. Enjoy a a selection of finger sandwiches, a classic scone with thick clotted cream, and homemade preserves. The highlight of the meal is the selection of freshly made cakes and pastries, elegantly displayed and, of course, delicious!
The tour will end at the Afternoon Tea location.
Afternoon tea takes place at either Rubens at the Palace Hotel or St. Ermins Hotel, depending on availability.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 15 and older
* Child: 5-14 years of age
* Participation is free for children below the age of 5.
* Tour prices are based on GBP and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Professional English-speaking tour guide
Entrance ticket and reservation fee for Buckingham Palace
Headsets when appropriate, so that you can always hear your guide
Photography is not permitted within Buckingham Palace but is allowed within the gardens.
Please note weather is very changeable in London; please ensure you have rainproof clothing.
This tour involves a reasonable amount of walking. For this reason, we recommend comfortable shoes for all guests.
It is the responsibility of all visitors to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded.
We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
Changing of the Guard will not operate in heavy rain and will be replaced with an extended walking tour. On occasional Sundays the changing of the guards may be rescheduled to early morning, meaning that we will not be able to see it.
Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
We were extremely lucky with the weather, we had a beautiful day for our walk around St James Park and Buckingham Palace. Robert was our tour guide and his soft Irish brogue was a delight to listen to. He was so knowledgeable and kept us en...tertained. There was no problem hearing him as we were supplied with a receiver and small earbuds, so no matter how far we got separated we could still hear his commentary.
The Changing of the Horse Guard came first, very colorful - and then a short walk along the side of St James Park to the Palace. Easy access through security. We were supplied with a mobile digital guide to wear around our necks that was easy to use and provided information about each room on the tour. It was all very interesting. Lots of walking and some stairs. (No access to the Royal loos,be warned.) Robert explained carefully where we were to meet him after the Palace tour, outside in the garden.
Now it was time for Afternoon Tea. Ours was to be at the St. Ermins Hotel, a short walk from Buckingham Palace. The tea was delightful and lived up to all expectations. Robert stayed with us for a while and even told us about the origins of tea!
I really enjoyed my day at the Palace - another one crossed of the bucket list !!Read full review
Q & A
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.