Summary of The Day: In the heart of London exists a treasure box, filled with objects spanning all continents and centuries of human civilization. This treasure box is called The British Museum, which houses over eight million pieces spanning two million years of human history, contained in a seemingly limitless space of nearly one million square feet.
Touring the British Museum without a guide to lead the way can be a daunting task. On our specially designed itinerary of the highlights, your knowledgeable guide, an expert passionate about the British Museum and its treasures, will keep you engaged by sharing the history and anecdotes that bring these ancient objects to life. Relax and take in the beauty of the wonders contained inside as your guide skilfully navigates you through the seventy galleries housing Athenian marbles, Egyptian Mummies, and Anglo Saxon treasures.
You've probably heard of Rosetta Stone as language learning program, but what you probably didn't know was that this is a real stone that played an instrumental role in deciphering Egyptian hieroglyphs.
Another sure highlight is the enormous Parthenon Frieze. Just over three feet high and 525 feet long, this incredible sculpture once stood in the Acropolis in Athens and is one of the most important surviving relics of classical Greece.
Another group of must see highlights are the Egyptian Rooms, with their impressive collection of mummies. Your guide will explain the importance of death and the afterlife in Ancient Egyptian culture as you witness this incredible piece of human history in person.
The museum also contains a wonderful selection of artifacts representing the Anglo Saxon culture, such as those found at the burial sites of Sutton Hoo. Your guide will share the amazing story of how these objects survived the centuries and the grave robbers, making them an improbable find.
This service ends at The British Museum around 12:00pm.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 15 and older
* Child: 4-14 years of age
* Participation is free for children below the age of 3.
* Tour prices are based on Pound Sterling (GBP) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour.
It is the responsibility of all visitors to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure. Guests arriving after departure will not be accommodated.
This tour involves a fair amount of walking and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended.
We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
Non-flash photography is permitted throughout the tour.
We will do everything within our power to ensure timings and itineraries are respected; however, due to issues beyond our control, timings and sites are subject to last minute changes on rare occasions.
We reserve the right to refuse participation to any guest under the influence of drugs or alcohol or to any guest whose behavior is disorderly, or poses a threat to other guests or staff.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.