Summary of The Day: Do you want to start your day like real Bulgarian? Look no further! Here’s your opportunity to eat breakfast with the fine city of Sofia and its welcoming citizens on a unique, local food tour of Sofia.
Start your Sofia tour at one of Sofia’s icons - Alexander Nevsky Cathedral. After a brief introduction, we’ll head over to a typical Bulgarian snack bar. Along the way, we’ll visit local symbols, including St. Sofia Church, a 6th century church and site full of energy and mystery. We’ll also catch Sofia University, Bulgarian Parliament and the statue of King Libertador, all of which are the main icons of Bulgarian history in Sofia.
By this point, we know you’ll want breakfast. We’ll taste plenty of Sofia food - Bulgarian banitsa, combined with ayryan, as Bulgarians normally do in the morning. Banitsa is delicious small pastry prepared from dough and cheese and sometimes meat or nettle, and is unique to Bulgaria and the Balkans. The ayryan is prepared from yogurt and gives the final touch to the breakfast.
Satisfied with our local breakfast, we’ll continue on this Sofia walking tour along the narrow streets, which are part of Old Sofia and exude centuries of rich history. The streets leads us to Graf Ignatiev Street, home to a famous market where you may buy fresh fruits and vegetables, or taste baked nuts or delicious snacks, as local do. It is a market on the street with many stalls, which all compete for shoppers’ attention, so you’ll experience a real lively atmosphere!
From there on this Sofia food tour, we’ll make our way to a famous pastry shop that prepares the best traditional Bulgarian desserts. Along the way, we’ll encounter the biggest open-air book store in Bulgaria, and a favorite meeting point for many locals.
In the pastry shop, we will taste a sweet and delicious dessert - baklava. We may also have the chance to try tolumbichka, cream-cake or other sweets. As is customary, we’ll combine the sweets with another unique beverage for the region - boza. Bottoms up!
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 6-11
* Not available for children under 6.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Please check in at the departure location 15 minutes before the tour begins.
You will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.