Summary of The Day: After we pick you up from your hotel, we'll head over to the dock to meet the crew and break the ice with a refreshing drink. Your captain will then steer the boat into the river towards the Meeting of the Waters, a spectacular natural phenomenon at the confluence of two very different rivers: the opaque Rio Negro and the cafe-au-lait Solimões, whose waters don't mix yet together form the mighty Amazon River. Next we'll visit Lake January to see the legendary floating houses that rise with the floodwaters.
We'll visit a local craft fair, followed by a canoe ride through the flooded forest. There you will see many wild animals: monkeys, sloths, tropical birds, water lilies ... even anacondas. Experience a local tradition as we fish for piranhas!
More thrills await us on the night tour, as we capture a black caiman using flashlights. After gaining a better understanding of, and appreciation for, this incredible Amazon predator we will return it to its natural habitat.
We will conclude Day 1 with dinner and a well-earned rest, staying overnight on the boat.
Summary of The Day: Day Two begins at the crack of dawn, as we awake to the chorus of native birds and other fauna. After breakfast, we'll visit Paraiso village to learn the history of rubber production and watch as rubber milk is extracted from trees.
Before lunch we'll stop at a beach for a swim. In the afternoon you will have the option of visiting an indigenous community and seeing a traditional dance and ritual (own expense).
We'll continue on the river until we reach the jungle entry point, where we will assemble our camp, build a fire, and make preparations for a barbecue dinner.
Anavilhanas Archipelago - Rio Negro
Summary of The Day: We'll wake up at 6:00 a.m. and break camp, returning to the boat for breakfast. After breakfast we'll travel up the archipelago of Anavilhanas to explore the flooded forest by canoe.
Enjoy lunch as we navigate the Rio Negro to our rendezvous with the freshwater dolphin (optional).
After lunch we'll continue along the Rio Negro to the house of a Ribeirinho (native) for a demonstration of cassava flour milling and preparation.
We'll return to the boat for dinner, then take a canoe ride after the sun goes down.
Ariau River - Rio Negro - Anavilhanas Archipelago
Summary of The Day: We'll wake up at 7:00 a.m. for breakfast, then spend the rest of the morning exploring the Ariau River, fishing for piranha, and enjoying the sights and sounds of the local wildlife, later returning to the largest fluvial archipelago in the world: the Anavilhanas.
Anavilhanas Archipelago - 3 Bocas Lake
Summary of The Day: On the final day of the tour we'll start bright and early at 6:00 a.m. First on the itinerary is a canoe trip to explore the archipelagos and 3 Bocas Lake, home to numerous species of bird, otter, freshwater dolphin and other wildlife.
After lunch we'll make our way back to Manaus, returning around 6:00 p.m.
Bring long pants, a long-sleeved shirt, insect repellent, sunscreen, sunglasses, a sun hat, raincoat, towels for personal use and a swimsuit.
You can either sleep in a cabin with air-conditioning and a private bathroom or in a hammock (with a blanket and a mosquito net).
This tour ends at the Manaus Pier; hotel drop-off service is not available.
We reserve the right to change the route and/or itinerary in the event of inclement weather or other unforeseeable circumstances that compromise the safety of our passengers.
To protect your own property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction, restaurant, etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
Tours4Fun cooperates with top local area tour operators and ensures the best quality of services to all travelers. We provide tour coaches that all are insured with a liability insurance coverage from $5,000,000 to $10,000,000 to make sure that your trips are safer and more enjoyable.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.