Summary of The Day: What happened in December of 1773 in the Boston Harbor is known as one of the most important events in the history of the USA. It was on this night that a group of colonists became enraged, inspired and ultimately reacted to unfair taxation laws by throwing more than 300 crates of tea into the harbor. The Boston Tea Party took place on December 16, 1773—and now you can travel back in time to be a part of all the action.
The Boston Tea Party Ships and Museum sits on a floating barge on the Congress Street Bridge. It includes authentically restored replicas of the original tea ships and an array of fascinating exhibits that are fully interactive. While you’re visiting, you’ll have the opportunity to witness dramatic reenactments by professional historians and even throw tea overboard as they did on that unforgettable night. Tour the museum to gain an understanding of what happened, how and why—and get a feel for how the patriots felt when they began their opposition to win America’s freedom.
See an original tea chest that has been passed down for generations dating back 230 years, experience the multi-sensory film “Let it Begin Here”, a one-of-a-kind epic film that brings you into all the action and even stop in for a cup of tea in Abigail’s Tea Room. Bring the children for an educational and entertaining look at American History like never before.
Operating Times: Daily
April to October: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
November to March: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Departure Location: Tour departs from 306 Congress Street (Congress St Bridge), Boston, MA 02210. Please arrive at the tour starting point 15 minutes prior to beginning of the tour.
Please allow one hour and fifteen minutes to complete the museum experience. Museum Tours begin every 15 minutes in season and 30 minutes off season throughout the day.
Congress Street and Purchase Street
All tours run regardless of weather unless the company notifies guests of change in the tour schedule.
Tour Guide assigned to conduct the tour on the website schedule is subject to change without notice due to last minute scheduling conflicts or other factors. If you wish to take a tour with a specific tour guide please call 212-888-8769 to confirm tour guide assigned to your tour.
Booth Location: 306 Congress Street (Congress St Bridge), Boston, MA 02210
All times are approximations. Please arrive at the boarding location 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled time.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.