Summary of The Day: Please don’t eat breakfast! There’s a lot of food to get through on this Borneo adventure! But no worries, you’ll be getting active along the way to help with your digestion.
This hiking and biking tour will take you along Kuching’s heritage trail and through its surrounding kampongs (villages) to indulge in a wide variety of authentic Sarawak street foods, drinks, and desserts!
Kuching has some of the best street food in Malaysia, showcasing Malay, Chinese, and Indian influences, as well as local tribal flavors. You’ll have the opportunity to taste the most famous Sarawak street food such as Sarawak laksa (rice noodles in spicy soup), kolomee (egg noodles), tebaloi (sago biscuit), and kek lapis (a multi-layer colourful cake). If stomach space permits, make sure you also try the rich variety of our favorite local drinks and desserts!
Your foodie guide will take you to no less than eight stops in total, including a kopitiam (a traditional Malaysian-Chinese coffee shop), a hawker center (traditional food court), street vendors, a kampong kedai café, a food trolley, and a traditional bakery. At each stop, you’ll learn a little more about Bornean food, language, and culture.
The tour starts in the early hours so you can witness the morning rush to work. We’ll walk along the heritage trail to see local temples and monuments down hidden lanes, as we munch away on local delicacies.
Then, we’ll board a relaxing cruise across the romantic Sarawak River on a traditional Sampan boat - it’ll give you a taste of how Kuchingnite commute every day across the two halves of the city!
Once safely across, we get on the saddle to ride through off-the-beaten country paths of a rural kampong and experience the favorite local snacks on the other side of the river.
Apart from the food and the sights, this tour will enable you to experience first-hand how people of different religions and races in Sarawak have lived in harmony side-by-side for generations!
Open up your senses and discover the authentic Sarawak! You will go home with both your mind and soul enriched….. and your stomach full!
We normally return to the meeting point at around 1:00pm.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 6-11 years of age
* Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
For this tour you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
Please wear light, comfortable clothes that dry easily, (shorts are fine) and comfortable walking shoes.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.