Summary of The Day: Our full day Bogota city tour is the most comprehensive way to see the bests sights and attractions in Bogota while accompanied by an expert guided versed in a wide historical and current knowledge of Colombia.
We'll begin with a visit to the Monserrate Sanctuary, located within the imposing Eastern Hills of the city, at an altitude of 3150 meters above sea level. Ascending to the top of the mountain on a cable car, we will reach the most notorious pilgrimage point of the city and perhaps the most incredible lookout spot of the capital below. This is the best spot to grasp the historical and spatial contextualization of the city.
Once back on the ground we will travel into the past, going directly to the time of the Latin American independence by visiting the house of Colombia’s liberator, La Quinta de Bolívar. Then, back in the present time, we will get ourselves familiar with the student atmosphere within the campus of Universidad de los Andes.
Continuing the tour, we will go down stream following the Eje Ambiental, witnessing the effort this city has made to recover the river that originally gave it life, through one of the most famous urbanistic projects in Latin America, carried out by architect Rogelio Salmona. Following the river San Francisco towards Jimenez Avenue, we will dive into the most impressive collection of indigenous gold pieces in the world at the Gold Museum. At the exit, you will have the chance to shop at the handicrafts market at Parque Santander.
Next, we will enter the historic neighborhood of La Candelaria and wander the picturesque cobbled streets that hold more then 400 years of history. We will visit the Botero Museum, which features works of the eccentric artist who has become an icon of Colombian contemporary art. We will make a stop at Chorro de Quevedo and appreciate the diverse contrasts that the historical center offers in order to understand Colombian history.
After a lunch break at an authentic local restaurant, we will reach Plaza de Bolívar, historical epicenter of Bogotá. The main square is surrounded by the administrative and governmental buildings that have been icons of the historical processes carried out here. We will also have the chance to enter the Prime Cathedral.
Finally we will hop in a car and drive towards the north of the city, having a panoramic sight of the International Centre, La Macarena Neighborhood and National Park. The final destination, will be the cozy neighborhood of Usaquén, which holds in its narrow streets the best weekend flea market in town.
Hotel pick-up begins at 8:30am and drop-off will be at 4:30pm.
The order of the tour can be modified due to weather conditions.
The Gold Museum is closed on Monday, however we can change it for another museum according to group's interests. If there is another place of interest you'd like to include in the tour, please let us know in advance and we will be glad to include it for you.
Dress code: Smart Casual
Please bring a copy of your passport.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.