Summary of The Day: What better way to get to know Colombia’s delights in half a day than through it’s gastronomic tour? We know you’re busy, but this doesn’t mean you have to keep yourself from discovering the richness of a country like ours. In the Bogota Food Tour we will take you to several locations, each with a different meaning and a different taste, in order to give you a glimpse of the diversity of Colombia and the manners and lifestyle of locals.
To start the tour and the day off in the best of ways, you will be taken to enjoy the most important meal of the day, breakfast, at a traditional bakery. Pastelería Florida is an artisan bakery that’s been on the market for 78 years. Here you will be able to taste a traditional aguapanela and other traditional meals that are common in Colombia, especially in the Andean region.
After a delicious breakfast, walk through the center of the capital into the Septimazo, commonly known as a place for fun. The Septimazo has become a street fair where you can find people in stands selling all types of things, different street singers, artists and a lot more. Here we will walk through the streets that have witnessed the history and daily life of the majority of the citizens in the capital, and stop at a variety of food stalls to amaze your palate.
Afterwards, you will be taken to the Paloquemado market, one of the biggest and oldest food markets in Bogota. Here you can find anything you can think of; it gathers the richness of Colombian agriculture in one place, from the traditional to the exotic. This place isn’t limited to fruits and vegetables; you can also find meat, fish, herbs, handcrafted goods, and an amazing beautiful flower market. It might not be the typical touristic destination, but we are sure you will love its vibrant and colorful atmosphere.
We’ve all heard the way to a man's heart is through his stomach and in this opportunity Bogota will definitely make accountable to that saying. You’ll definitely end up wanting more of Colombia.
Hotel pick-up is at 8:30am and drop-off is at 12:30pm
Please include your hotel name and address in the "Meeting Point" box during booking.
Please advise in advance if there is any food restriction or allergies.
Dress code: Smart Casual
Please bring a copy of your passport.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.