Summary of The Day: Bogota sits on a vast savannah formed by the east-Andean mountain range at an altitude of 2600 meters. Although the majority of the city is rather flat, the city limits to the east include an incredible mountain range that follows Bogota’s territory lines from south to north. This mountain range is what is locally known as the East Hills.
The mountainous landscape not only provides a profound visual, but has a huge impact on Bogota’s climate. Although these hills are always present, they are completely unknown for many locals and visitors. After a big push made by the residents of some bordering neighborhoods, the local administration has made available and connected several hiking trails in order to offer Bogota's the option to discover one of our greatest natural treasures.
On this tour you will start the day early, after sunrise. Our guide will pick you up at your hotel and drive you to the starting point, right at the edge of the city. There you will hike up for about one hour until you reach a perfect lookout with a privileged view overlooking the city. Along the hike you will learn from our expert guide about the struggle between native and foreign species, the environmental issues that Bogota is facing, and much more.
After 2 hours approximately you will return to the city. We will take you for breakfast at a local bakery where you will try different kinds of bread and hot beverages that make up the typical Bogota breakfast.
Finally, our driver will drive you safely back to your hotel or preferred destination address.
Please include your hotel name and address in the "Meeting Point" box during booking.
The physical demands of this hike are medium-high. We recommend taking this tour two days after your arrival to Bogotá, especially if you are not accustomed to high altitudes. Bring comfortable clothes and shoes for hiking.
Dress code: Sporty Casual
Please bring a copy of your passport.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.