Summary of The Day: Our journey begins at the 7 de Agosto Plaza Market, where Diana Pizano, a biologist and farm-to-table chef, who is passionate about the Colombian agricultural heritage, will guide you through the plaza.
There you will have the chance to taste different agricultural products, fruits, vegetables and seeds all of them exclusive of the Colombian tropical landscape, such as maize, rice, tubers such as potatoes, cassava and cubios, or delicious fruits like mango, granadilla, mangostino, feijoa, dragon fruit, passion fruit, chontaduro, papaya, guava, lulo, cape gooseberry and many more.
You will also find various artifacts, flowers, plants, crafts and especially friendly merchants and farmers willing to help you select the most fresh and healthy products for you to take to our second stop. The recommendations from Diana will allow you to acquire the key ingredients that are in harvest to bring the best of the farm to our table.
After leaving the Plaza Market, we will go to Rosales, a northern neighborhood, where you will enjoy close the beautiful landscape of the eastern hills of Bogota. There, you will see Diana's place, where the Comiendo Cuento project currently takes place, an initiative that returns to the traditional custom of enjoying good company and delicious home-cooked food at the same time.
We will finish the tour doing a cuisine workshop & tasting, where you will learn the recipe of the traditional Colombian dish of your choice. You can choose among different menu options with native ingredients including from entrees like soups, rice and meat, to the variety of breads, desserts, and tropical drinks.
You will learn about preparation, conservation techniques, ingredients and recipes, while having a pleasant moment and a delicious exotic plate, putting in display our Colombian tropical abundance.
Hotel pick-up is at 10:00am and drop-off is at 2:00pm
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Price is per order.
* Book for a party of 5 or more and get a reduced rate.
* Adult: $98.00/person for tour groups of 2-4 travelers; $78.00/person for tour groups of 5-10 travelers
* Children's rate for under 3 years is 50% of adult rate. If there are children under 3 joining the tour, please remark the birth date and contact service team to adjust price for you.
* This class requires minimum 2 persons to operate.
English speaking guide/chef.
Private transportation from and to your hotel in Bogotá area.
Food and exotic fruit tasting at the local market.
Colombian cuisine workshop at the chef's apartment.
Please include your hotel name and address in the "Meeting Point" box during booking.
Please let us know in advance any diet restrictions or allergies.
Dress code: Smart Casual
Please bring a copy of your passport.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.