Summary of The Day: Become a coffee master at the heart of one of the most famous coffee producing countries on earth. The 5-hour Bogota Coffee Masters Class will take you on a sensational adventure. Tasting all our different flavors of exquisite coffee will simulate traveling through all of Colombia. You will master the science of coffee from the seed to a finely prepared cup and learn about coffee culture, history, and the manner if which it became a defining symbol for the Colombian people.
To achieve this, we have carefully designed an itinerary with 3 tour stops. To start, we will visit a coffee roaster, which is the ending point of the process at the plantations. Here an expert grower, roaster and barista will lead us through the whole process at the farm, aided with pictures. Once you understand what each bean has gone through to get to the burlap bags present at the roaster, we will put our hands to work and roast our first batch of coffee! At the end of the production line a coffee tasting flight will be ready for you.
Here you will taste 3 different kinds of quality coffee, from different origins throughout Colombia, as well as an industrial version. Our aim here is that you learn to fine-tune your palate in order to capture the diverse flavors that are present in coffee and also, to be able to recognize quality coffee from mass production coffee.
After the tasting exercise with the coffee expert is complete, we will take you to a local marketplace, known as “7 de Agosto”. Getting to know the diversity of Colombia's fruit and vegetables, which is closely linked with our coffee, will complement your coffee experience and make your visit memorable. Here you will have the chance to taste exotic fruits and ingredients and dive into local culture.
Our final stop will be at one of the finest coffee bars in town. E&D Cafés specializes in coffee research and education, and they have a charming boutique coffee bar and lab. Here you will learn about common preparation methods and discover the best way to brew your preferred cup of coffee.
Of course, to round out the trip, you will be safely driven back to your hotel.
You may join for a morning or afternoon class.
Morning: Pick-up at 8:30am and drop-off at 12:30pm
Afternoon: Pick-up at 2:00pm and drop-off at 6:00pm
Please include your hotel name and address in the "Meeting Point" box during booking.
Dress code: Smart Casual
Please bring a copy of your passport.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.