Summary of The Day: When people think of Colombia, one of the first things that comes to mind is our coffee. We live in a country full of mountains, valleys, very rich soil and hard working people. All that together creates the perfect conditions for growing coffee. This has been a mayor development driver and a reason of pride for every Colombian. As a result, we are one of the main coffee producers and we grow the best soft Arabic coffee worldwide.
With our Bogota coffee tour we will travel an hour and a half from Bogota and we will go down the mountains to another state located 1720 meters above sea level. At this altitude, the cold weather of Bogota changes into a temperate and damp climate, which are optimal conditions for growing coffee. This coffee state reminds us of the same architecture and traditions found at the Colombian coffee axis, and the organic plantation and production sites are still operating.
During our visit we will tour the orchid gardens, we will learn about temperate weather vegetation, and enter the heart of dense crop growth. There we will witness the way fruit trees contribute to the aroma of coffee, we will collect coffee beans with our own hands, and see both the traditional, as well as the industrial process from the seed to our cup. Also, you will come to understand more about the manners and lifestyle of the coffee growers' population.
Outside the farm, we will make a final stop at the village’s market where you will be able to appreciate Colombian biodiversity at its best. This market commercializes in a traditional way all the exotic fruits, vegetables and herbs of the region. Also, they have a permanent orchid market featuring dozens of beautiful plants.
After visiting the market we will make our way back to Bogota. Our guide will take you one of our restaurant choices according to your preferences. The options range from food from the pacific coast of Colombia, the iconic dishes of the coffee region or the typical local dishes of Bogota.
After lunch you will be dropped of at your hotel or any other point in Bogota.
Pick-up is at 8:00am and we will drop you off at at 2:00pm in Bogota.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Price is per order.
* Book for a party of 5 or more and get a reduced rate.
* Adult: $152.00 per person for groups of 2-4 guests; $120.00 per person for groups of 5-10 guests
* Children's rate for under 3 years is 50% of adult rate. If there are children under 3 joining the tour, please input their birth date in the "Reservation Request" box and contact our customer service team to adjust price for you during booking.
* This tour requires minimum 2 guests to operate.
Private transportation from and to your hotel in Bogotá area.
Expert guide in the language of your preference (Spanish, English, Portuguese, French).
Please include your hotel name and address in the "Meeting Point" box during booking.
The order of the tour can be modified due to weather conditions.
Please advise us in advance if you would like to request a vegetarian meal.
Dress code: Smart Casual
Please bring a copy of your passport.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.