London - Blenheim Castle - Bampton - The Cotswolds - London
Summary of The Day: Blenheim Palace
Blenheim Palace is a masterpiece of English Baroque architecture and the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill. The stunning State Rooms are brimming with priceless works of art and magnificent tapestries. The Palace is still inhabited today by the Duke of Marlborough. The Gardens are set in over 754 hectares of land with an exquisite water garden.
An official guide will take you through the Blenheim Palace State Rooms, bringing the history of this fabulous palace to life.
This region of outstanding natural beauty is characterized by attractive small towns and thatched villages of yellow Cotswold stone made prosperous by the historic wool trade.
We'll make a short stop in the village of Bibury, once described by William Morris as "the most beautiful village in England." There you will see Arlington Row, a row of weavers cottages built of local stone. Then we'll continue to Bourton-on-the-Water, the Little Venice of the Cotswolds. Its picturesque High Street is flanked by shaded greens, and the River Windrush, spanned by several arched stone bridges, runs alongside.
Downton Abbey Village
In the village of Bampton, we'll visit the street where many scenes from the Downton Abbey TV series were filmed. You can see the Church where a number of Downton events were hosted, from weddings and funerals to the Downton Fair. Next to the church is Churchgate House, used as the Crawley family home, and the old Grammar School which now houses the Bampton Library. The street is also the location for two local pubs, The Grantham Arms and The Dog & Duck.
This tour ends at approximately 7:00pm at Victoria Train Station.
* Adult: 17 and older
* Child: 3-16 years of age
* Participation is free for children below the age of 3.
* Tour prices are based on GBP and are converted into USD. Prices will change day-to-day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Please arrive at Victoria Coach Station at least 15 minutes before scheduled departure.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.