London - Blenheim Castle - Bampton - The Cotswolds - London
Summary of The Day: Blenheim Palace
Blenheim Palace is a masterpiece of English Baroque architecture and the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill. The stunning State Rooms are brimming with priceless works of art and magnificent tapestries. The Palace is still inhabited today by the Duke of Marlborough. The Gardens are set in over 754 hectares of land with an exquisite water garden.
An official guide will take you through the Blenheim Palace State Rooms, bringing the history of this fabulous palace to life.
This region of outstanding natural beauty is characterized by attractive small towns and thatched villages of yellow Cotswold stone made prosperous by the historic wool trade.
We'll make a short stop in the village of Bibury, once described by William Morris as "the most beautiful village in England." There you will see Arlington Row, a row of weavers cottages built of local stone. Then we'll continue to Bourton-on-the-Water, the Little Venice of the Cotswolds. Its picturesque High Street is flanked by shaded greens, and the River Windrush, spanned by several arched stone bridges, runs alongside.
Downton Abbey Village
In the village of Bampton, we'll visit the street where many scenes from the Downton Abbey TV series were filmed. You can see the Church where a number of Downton events were hosted, from weddings and funerals to the Downton Fair. Next to the church is Churchgate House, used as the Crawley family home, and the old Grammar School which now houses the Bampton Library. The street is also the location for two local pubs, The Grantham Arms and The Dog & Duck.
- This tour ends at approximately 7:00pm at Victoria Train Station.
|USD $93.00||USD $80.76|
* Adult: 17-59 years of age|
* Child: 3-16 years of age
* Participation is free for children below the age of 3.
* Tour prices are based on GBP and are converted into USD. Prices will change day-to-day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
- Pick-up at designated London hotels
- Guided coach tour as per itinerary
- Entrance to Blenheim Palace
- Personal audio headset
- Free Wi-Fi on board
- Own-expense activities
- Optional tips
- Hotel drop-off
- Complimentary pick-up service is offered only at the hotels listed in the Departure Time and Location tab. If you opt out of this service or your hotel is not on the list, please arrive at Victoria Coach Station at least 15 minutes before scheduled departure.
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.Ask Us
Have our experienced tour consultant give you a call.
Why Book with Tours4Fun?
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Hand-picked Tours & Activities
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer care available 24/7