Summary of The Day: Combine two of the things New Zealand is most famous for: Lord of the Rings and adventure tours! Today we'll take you to explore the Waitomo Cave system in the most epic way possible: black water tubing and canyoning! Then we'll visit New Zealand's most famous attraction: the Hobbiton Movie Set.
After picking you up from your hotel in Auckland we'll head to the Waitomo region and join a fantastic adventure tour! We'll suit up in our wetsuits and gear, grab our tubes, and climb into the caves. For the next three hours we'll explore these gorgeous and fascinating caves under the light of glowworms as we climb, leap, and tube through the limestone caverns!
Then we'll head to one of the most famous sites in New Zealand: Hobbiton! Follow an expert guide as they lead you through this expansive and amazing village! We'll see all the great and memorable sties from the Shire, including the Green Dragon Inn and field where Bilbo's birthday party was held! Along the way they'll provide exclusive commentary about the films and set, as well as the interesting characters who've visited the set over the years. They will even help take photos of you besides the miniature homes and gardens.
Finish the tour at The Green Dragon, where you can enjoy a pint of Girdley Fine Grain, Oatbarton, Sackville cider, or Frogmorton Ginger Beer (own expense)!
We'll return to Auckland in the evening.
Minimum Age: 12 years old
Please bring your own swimwear and towels.
Hotel pick-up will run from 6:15am - 6:30am.
We'll return to Auckland at around 7:15am.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Price is per person.
* Tour prices are based on New Zealand dollars (NZD) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
Please indicate your hotel name and address in the "Meeting Point" box during booking.
All travelers must be 12 years or older to join, and weigh more than 45kgs.
Please bring your own swimsuit and towel. Wetsuits to wear over them will be provided.
To protect your own property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction, restaurant, etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.