Summary of The Day: Capital of the United Kingdom, home of the royal family, and a cosmopolitan city at the crossroads of history, London has much to offer both seasoned travelers and first-time visitors. Seeing the best of what this bustling metropolis has to offer shouldn't consume your entire vacation, however. That's why we've designed a quick yet comprehensive walking tour of London's most popular attractions.
See the best that royal London has to offer in a single morning. Begin your day at the somewhat infamous Tower of London, former prison and execution site of three ill-fated queens. Our early morning arrival means you will be among the first to see the spectacular crown jewels, which have called the Tower of London their home for the last 600 years. These magnificent orbs, swords, rings, and of course, crowns and sceptres are the official regalia and vestments used by the Sovereign of the United Kingdom during the coronation ceremony and other events. We'll also visit the White Tower, where Richard III allegedly held and murdered his nephews as part of a scheme to usurp the throne from their father, Edward IV.
Then we'll change tack and go on a relaxing cruise up the Thames. Enjoy the ride as your guide points out all the major landmarks. We'll get off at the Embankment and take a short walk to see the Changing of the Guard, which takes place either at Buckingham Palace or Horse Guards Parade, depending on the day of the week. Your guide will make sure you are in a prime position to see this hugely popular and very crowded event, while filling you in on the history and pageantry behind the changing of the Queen's foot guards with their red tunics and unmistakable bearskin hats. Please keep in mind that the weather often dictates the schedule for the Changing of the Guard, which does not take place in the rain. Our tour will end at Buckingham Palace, the residence of Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh. See the famous balcony where the royal family appears during major events!
This tour is the best way to spend a morning in London, learning and laughing with your local expert.
* Adult: 15 and up
* Child: 6-14 years of age
* Participation is free for children below the age of 6.
* Tour prices are based on GBP and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
VIP early-morning access to Tower of London, and opening ceremony on select days
Admission to Tower of London
Boat cruise on the Thames
Guided walking tour from Victoria Embankment to Buckingham Palace
Changing of the Guard (weather permitting)
Highly-knowledgeable English-speaking tour guide
Small groups of 25 people or fewer
Headsets when appropriate, so that you can always hear your guide
It is the responsibility of all those joining the tour to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before scheduled departure time. Guests arriving late will not be accommodated; tickets for missed tours are not eligible for a refund.
We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests in wheelchairs or those requiring special assistance. Strollers and baby carriages are not permitted on this tour.
Non-flash photography is permitted in the Tower of London.
Tourist attractions in London are among the most popular in the world. Skip-the-Line access and careful planning limit our exposure to crowds; some locations may be crowded during prime-time hours, however.
The weather in London is very unpredictable. Please bring adequate rain gear.
The local operator reserves the right to refuse participation on its tours to any guest under the influence of drugs or alcohol or to any guest whose behavior is disorderly, or poses a threat to other guests or staff.
In the event of rainy weather, the Changing of the Guard and will be replaced by an extended walking tour. This also applies to those Sundays when the Changing of the Guard is moved to an early morning time slot
We recommend that you wear comfortable shoes as this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
We will do our best to be punctual and follow the itinerary. Unforeseen circumstances and other issues beyond our control do compel us to make last-minute changes on rare occasions.
Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour.
To protect your own property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction, restaurant, etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.