Summary of The Day: Meeting in central Berlin, your expert guide will kick the day off by giving you a brief overview of the Nazi's rise to power after the First World War. You'll then hear about Berlin's Jewish district and the sad fate of its residents during the Third Reich.
We'll then continue our tour by train, heading to the remains of Anhalter Bahnhof. Once the largest train station Europe, the colossal station was destroyed during the Allied bombing of Berlin in WWII. From here we will walk to the former headquarters of two of the Nazi's most feared institutions: the Heinrich Himmler's SS (who ran the concentration camps), and the Gestapo (secret police). As your guide explains to you how these two groups bought terror to the citizens of Nazi Germany and its enemies, you will see the remains of prisoner's cells, where innocent individuals were beaten, tortured and murdered.
You will then be lead through the former government quarter, viewing memorials for those that fell victim to the Nazis, and hearing about how the fascists maintained complete control over the people, including Joseph Goebbels' use of propaganda, and Hermann Goering's air force ministry.
The tour finishes in front of Germany's impressive parliament building, the Reichstag. Here your guide will explain the madness of Albert Speer's plans to completely redesign Berlin as Germania: capital of the empire of the world. You will also discover what happened in the last days of WWII, as the Soviets surrounded Berlin and brought the war in Europe to an end in the spring of 1945, including assaulting the Reichstag.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 26 and older
* Youth: 12-25 years of age
* Children younger than 12 (accompanied by an adult) are free of charge.
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
This tour includes a short ride on the subway. Please bring a single AB ticket (c. EUR 2.70) or buy one from our guide (subject to availability).
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.