Contemporary Berlin has earned a reputation as a vibrant bastion of counter-culture, progressive thought, and creative spirit. It's a city teeming with stay-cationers, street art, and non-conformists, while juggling gentrification, a real estate boom, and even a tech boom.
Some of the topics we cover include:
1) Colliding ambitions: For some, bare post-Cold War areas mean appealing public spaces, while for others this land represents unique investment opportunities.
2) Urban renewal: The former Tempelhof airport and reclaimed no-man's-land are two impressive examples of Berlin's continuous, almost organic, development that few other cities can rival.
3) Multi-kulti: Multi-culturalism's benefits come with integration struggles and stereotypes. On the tour we delve deep into Kreuzberg to focus on Germany's historical guest worker programs and how this impacts Berlin's current politics and social dynamics.
4) Creative spaces: See both famous squats as well as where this endangered lifestyle is being transformed. We’ll discuss how these concepts evolved, and what the future holds for them.
At the end of our tour we will return to the meeting point.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 13 and older
* Child: 12 and younger
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
Experienced, English-speaking guide
Comfortable cruiser or city-style bike
Helmet (provided but optional)
Option to rent your bike after the tour at a discounted rate
We always stop at each site, so there's plenty of time to take great pictures!
We have kid's seats, kid's bikes in various sizes, and kid's chariot trailers; this way we can fit kids of all ages.
Each bike has an easy-to-use luggage rack, perfect for small bags or extra layers. Larger bags can be locked up in our shop during the tour.
We've carefully selected a great lunch stop. Please be sure to bring cash with you on tour as lunch is not included in the tour price.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.