Summary of The Day: Kia Ora and welcome to New Zealand!
Today we'll meet at 8:00am at the reception of Haka Lodge Auckland where your guide will have set up continental breakfast. Over breakfast, your guide will introduce everyone to the group and run through everything you need to know to maximize your time in New Zealand! Breakfast and the welcome meeting should take around an hour though can take a bit longer with larger groups.
From the big city to remote beaches, we'll head north of Auckland to begin the tour in the stunning Paihia in the Bay of Islands. We'll visit Goat Island (Te Hāwere-a-Maki in Maori) on our way up north, where we can take a swim or snorkel at this natural marine reserve.
We'll also visit a tree today. Not just any old tree, this is the mighty Tane Mahuta “the Lord of the Forest” in the Waipoua Forest. Tane Mahuta is the largest known kauri tree standing today; and estimates put his age at between 1,250 and 2,500 years old. Ask him his age when you get there. It's also a little known fact that he's still growing.
Following this, we'll head to Ngawha Springs for a relaxing soak in the natural therapeutic hot pools. The Ngawha Springs are located in the centre of a geothermally active area: an area that produces a considerable amount of Northland’s electricity - all while feeding over a dozen hot pools of all sorts of colors, element make-ups and temperatures.
We'll arrive late afternoon in Paihia where the team at Haka Lodge will have a hot meal ready and waiting for you. This shared dinner is eaten overlooking the waters of Paihia is a beautiful way to end day one.
Summary of The Day: Paihia is the perfect base to explore the Northland region and the spectacular Bay of Islands. Home to the famous ‘Hole in the Rock,’ there are plenty of boat trips out into the bay, as well as other activities to choose from in the area.
You can swim with dolphins, skydive, go sailing or just chill out with new friends and take it all in on one of the many beaches. This is also one of the most historically important areas of New Zealand.
Rich in Maori heritage and culture, we’ll have the chance to visit some spectacular waterfalls, take scenic walks or ferry over to one of the islands. If you would like to visit the very top of New Zealand, you can choose to do a day tour to Cape Reinga, situated where the Tasman Sea and the Pacific Ocean meet. You may drive on 90 Mile Beach and try sand boarding while on this optional day tour.
If you would prefer to have a relaxing day, you can do one of the many well signposted, scenic walks along the coast or through the bush. Russell is also easily accessed from Paihia and has awesome views, as well as a great selection of restaurants and eateries. Russell, which used to be known as the ‘Hell Hole of the Pacific’, is also home to New Zealand’s oldest church, Christ's Church, as well as some stunning beaches and lookout points.
Summary of The Day: Today, we'll visit the Waitangi Treaty Grounds. The grounds are significant to all New Zealanders as this was where the founding document of New Zealand, the Treaty of Waitangi, was signed in 1840 between the British Crown and Maori.
The Hundertwasser Toilets are also on our agenda for the day, in the small town of Kawakawa. This is the only building in the Southern Hemisphere designed by the Austrian born artist Hundertwasser and although these are toilets, you'll never see any others like these anywhere in the world.
As we venture back toward Auckland we take in a bush walk from Whale Bay to Matapouri Bay, where we'll see gorgeous white sand, and clear waters - the perfect setting for a picnic.
We’ve got a few more secret spots and options to visit during the day before heading back to Auckland to spend the evening in New Zealand’s biggest city.
Tour ends at Haka Lodge Auckland at around 5:00pm.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
Standard Price/Person By Occupancy
* Customers under 18 years old are not permitted on this tour.
* The included accommodation is dorm share with maximum 6 guests.
* Due to limited availability at time of booking, multi-share accommodation for two or more guests may be provided in separate rooms. Every endeavor will be made to ensure this does not occur, but should this be necessary you will be advised at check-in.
* Tour prices are based on NZD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Passionate kiwi guide
Dinner on Day 1 at Haka Lodge Paihia
Visit the historical Waitangi Treaty Grounds
Admission to the natural Ngawha springs
Admission to Goat Island, a marine reserve full of different species of fish
Guided a bushwalk along the magical Tutukaka coast
Visit the mighty Tane Mahuta - a tree that is over 1,250 years old in the awe inspiring Waipoua forest
Lunches and dinners (unless stated)
Optional activity (availability subject to change)
- Tall ship sailing
- Hole in the Rock Cruise
- Day trip to Cape Reinga
- Swimming with dolphins
- Scuba diving
- Extra nights’ accommodation in Auckland
While traveling to New Zealand, each passenger is entitled to take one case, the sum of its length, width and depth not to exceed 160 cm (63 inches), weight limit 20 kilos along with a small day pack. Airlines permit only one cabin bag per person, in which personal items such as cameras, make-up etc. should be carried, though you need to check with your airline provider as to their specific requirements. Over-limit luggage cannot be carried.
- Cancel outside 30 days - loss of deposit (99.00 NZD)
- Within 30 days - 50% of tour cost
- Within 7 days - 100% of tour cost
Tours4Fun cooperates with top local area tour operators and ensures the best quality of services to all travelers. We provide tour coaches that all are insured with a liability insurance coverage from $5,000,000 to $10,000,000 to make sure that your trips are safer and more enjoyable.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.