Summary of The Day: Meet your English-speaking guide in front of the Art Center Santa Monica at the bottom of the Ramblas (Metro Station Drassanes) before setting off on a Barcelona food tour like no other!
We take you away from the touristy spots and into local neighborhoods, like the once notorious no-go area Raval. Nowadays, it features a unique blend of ambitious new architectural projects and the traditional, multi-ethnic life of the barrio. Just a stone's throw away, you will enjoy the first tapas experience of the night at a cozy little terrace bar, where you can pick up a pintxo of butifarra or some salmorejo, two truly traditional and tasty dishes.
The next tapas bar awaits as we navigate our way through a labyrinth of small streets that still retain their old-world ambiance. Our next stop is a warm bodega (wine cellar) with exquisite ham and cheese, washed down with a nice white or red wine. Our Barcelona tapas tour continues as we cross the Rambla de Raval, the multicultural heart of the Raval, for a look at the cat sculpture of the Colombian artist Fernando Botero.
Next up is a typical Vermuteria, where you can have a vermut (vermouth) or tinto de verano (think sangria, but simpler) and indulge in a Spanish omelette. On the way to the adjacent neighborhood of Poble Sec, we will cross Parallel - once known for its Montmartre-style entertainment and still filled with theaters, music venues and cabarets.
Poble Sec is attached to the Montjuic, Barcelona's emblematic hillside. Still very central, it combines the charm of a lively neighborhood with an authentic local feel away from the main tourist trails. Our next stop is a vibrant bodega, where you can choose your favorite Basque pintxo and top it all off with a glass of Cava.
Throughout this Barcelona tour, as you delight in the discovery of new tastes, flavors and dishes, your guide will give you insight into local gastronomic specialties and anecdotes of the city's history and local neighborhood life. Eating tapas is one of the best things to do in Barcelona and a great way to connect with the daily lives of the locals. At some point during this tour, you will likely meet some of the local characters in the barrio and perhaps even get drawn into a conversation or two. You never know what the night has in store!
This tour ends at Parallel Street next to the Metro station “Parallel” (Metro Lines L2 + L3).
* You must be at least 14 years old to join the tour.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Please check in at the departure point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
You will be in a small group of no more than 12 persons.
A good pair of comfortable walking shoes is advisable.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.