Summary of The Day: Skip the line to visit the Picasso Museum and discover the bond between Picasso and Barcelona. The museum is key to understand the development of this young artist into a genius. Discover the Gothic Quarter’s charming squares hidden away down ancient narrow streets. Come to the core of the city, where it all started 2000 years ago.
Be inspired by the first steps of Pablo Picasso as an artist. The museum is key to understand the development of this young artist into a genious from 1887 to 1901. It is housed in 5 medieval palaces and was inaugurated in 1963 at the expressed wish of the artist.
The museum has a collection of 4200 pieces of art, we especially recommend:
- Picasso’s full unfolding from a child up to the Blue Period
- A representation of works from 1917
- The series of las Meninas, 1957
- A comprehensive print collection
This is the core of the city, where it all started 2000 years ago. Enjoy the Gothic Quarter’s charming corners and squares hidden away down ancient narrow streets.
- Facade of the Cathedral. The works in the Gothic Quarter started in the 1400s’ and finished 6 centuries later. You will also see the remains of the Roman Wall nearby.
- Placa del Rei (King’s Square). The square is a medieval marvel surrounded by some of the most grand monuments of the time: the tower of King Marti is 5 floors high and was built in 1555; the chapel of Santa Agata (1600s) and Salo dle Tinell (1300s). It is said that the Catholic monarchs, Ferdinand and Isabela, received Columbus here on his return from America.
- Placa Sant Jaume. Historically, the city’s two major Roman roads crossed here: the Cardo and the Decumanus. Since then it is the centre of political activity, with the City Hall facing the Palau de la Generalitat, seat of the Autonomous Catalan Government.
|Child (3-12)||USD $0.00|
|Infant (0-2)||USD $0.00|
* Adult: 13 and older|
* Children younger than 11 may join the tour for free, when accompanied by an adult.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.Ask Us
Thank you for choosing Tours4Fun!
Regretfully, this tour will not be operated from Nov 2015 to March 2016.
Please check the following tours for more one day Barcelona tours if you are interested:
Customer Service Rep
Have our experienced tour consultant give you a call.
Many of our tours and activities are available in several languages:
Your guide speaks the language.
A headset or similar audio device in the language is available.
Copyright © 2006-2017 Tours4fun.com. All rights reserved. Tours4fun and its logo are trademarks of Easy-Go Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Tours4fun Terms and Conditions.