Summary of The Day: Banff Gondola is an award-winning attraction that takes visitors in safety and comfort to a place many would never be able to access: the peak of Sulphur Mountain! Enjoy a stunning eight-minute ride to the summit of Sulphur Mountain, elevation 2281 metres (7486 feet), comfortably seated onboard a completely enclosed gondola car. From the vantage point at the summit, you will enjoy amazing panoramic views of Banff, the surrounding peaks, and the gorgeous Banff National Park.
Head to the upper and lower observation decks to receive fantastic panoramic views of the Bow Valley below. You may also enjoy the Banff SummitWalk, an easy 1km self-guided interpretive boardwalk that leads you from the peak of Sulphur Mountain to the Cosmic Ray Station National Historic Site of Canad, and the historic Sanson's Peak Meteorological Station. Hikers can also try the South East Ridge Trail - a favorite among locals.
The upper terminal is open now, which features the Explore Rockies desk, a gift shop with the all-new Ammolite Jewelry desk, Castle Mountain Coffee Company that offers grab-and-go sandwiches, salads, fruit, and other snacks. (Note: coffee will be available in the coming days).
Guests are encouraged to continue using the facilities at the lower terminal until all of the upper terminal facilities are open including:
♦ Tickets, Explore Rockies Activity Centre
♦ Gift Shop
♦ Photo Experience
♦ Grab and Go patio
*Tour prices are based on CAD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
*Adult: 16 and above
Any children 5 and under can ride the Gondola for free
*Prices are subject to change; please contact us for a quotation before making your reservation.
The Banff Gondola is wheelchair accessible and easily accessed by those who are elderly or families with strollers and young children. We can put one of the seats up in the gondola car to accommodate strollers and wheelchairs.
The gondola car itself comes off the track to load and unload passengers, leaving all our guests with as much time as they require to get in and out.
Please note: Though our facilities are wheelchair and stroller accessible, however the boardwalk is not as it consists of 368 shallow stairs each way.
Dogs are allowed as long as they are kept on a leash and are well-behaved. Dogs will be counted as a passenger (i.e. 3 people and 1 dog are able to ride in one gondola car). Bikes are not permitted on the Banff Gondola and there are no mountain biking trails to ride down.
The best times to avoid crowds are anytime before 11:00 AM or after 5:00 PM.
Free Gondola Shuttle: Due to the ongoing construction, parking at the Banff Gondola is very limited. Guests are strongly encouraged to leave their car behind and ride the FREE shuttle. The shuttle departs every 15 minutes from the Banff International Hotel and Evelyn's Coffee World located on Banff Ave between 10:00am - 6:00pm. Last shuttle departs the gondola at 6:15pm.
The local bus arrives at the Banff Gondola every 40 minutes. The cost is $2.00 per person and passengers will need to provide the correct change as no change will be given on the buses.
The cost of a taxi ride from the Banff Gondola to downtown Banff costs approximately $10 to $15.
There is a taxi phone at the end of the Explore Rockies counter located in the Lower Terminal which is a direct line to the local taxi company in Banff.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.