Summary of The Day: Rain hail or shine we leave from your northern beach accommodation or "preferably" from your Cairns accommodation at 8:00am.
Stop and admire the view from the Kuranda lookout, overlooking Trinity Bay, Yorkeys Knob Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef National Park. Learn of the history behind the Barron gorge and river.
While here we'll visit the famous and world renown Barron Falls, a spectacle on any day in itself, even if the falls are not in flood. If they are, be prepared to be blown away by the power and majesty of some awe-inspiring creative land scape.
Hungry? Then maybe a Devonshire morning tea included at the famous Mt Uncle Distillary/Bridges Cafe is the order of the morning. This high class morning tea is set in the historical surrounds of an air-conditioned log cabin tastefully created out of yesteryears timber.
We'll then make our way to Rocky creek war memorial where we learn some of the history behind the significance the Tablelands had to play in the WWII and some of the heroes who unassumingly made a name for themselves.
Now comes the highlight of your day - a fully guided tour of the Historical Pioneer Village of Herberton, plus an all inclusive old fashioned cooked lunch. Choose a home made beef, stock man's or chicken pie with salad or maybe a vegetarian quiche and salad, plus an array of kids menus to choose from. After lunch feel free to take in some of your favorite attractions at the village, from vintage cars and steam operated machinery, to an old print shop, chemist, sweet shop, butcher, boot maker, schoo,l black smith, and so much more.
Included in the tour package is a ride on the Tinlander train (if it is operating), as we leave the village and head to the Historical Herberton railway station where the tour bus will meet you. Here you will learn of the railway pioneering history of the Tablelands and how thousands of kilometres of railway line was laid under the harshest of weather conditions and terrain.
Then the small drive up to the Herberton Mining museum, to discover how the town became famous for it large tin deposits. You can also try your luck at tin mining.
Now it's time to follow the very scenic Crater Valley and Herberton Ranges along the Hwy to Mt Hypipamee and be overwhelmed at the depth and sight of the ancient crater formed thousands of years ago.
Along the way discover hidden truths of our rich Indiginous heritage, and historical timber, railway, mining, war and dairy industries of the early pioneers.
In the late afternoon it's time to enjoy the sunset as we wind our way gently down through the steaming rainforests of the scenic Gillies or Kuranda ranges towards Cairns. We'll take a vote on the day, (weather permitting), as to which way we return home, arriving back at approx 5:30pm.
Please input your hotel address during the booking process in the "Reservation Request" box.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
2 Adults + 2 Children
* Price is per person.
* Tour prices are based on AUD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Professional Guide & Driver
Guided tour of the Historical Pioneer Village of Herberton
Devonshire morning tea at the Mt Uncle Distillary/Bridges Cafe
Fitness Level: A minimal fitness level is required for traversing the village and walking to Barron Falls.
Please input your hotel name and address during booking.
To protect your own property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction, restaurant, etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.