Summary of The Day: After breakfast, work off some calories in the most relaxing way possible: a morning stroll through Athens. Join us as we discover this city's historic neighborhoods and introduce ourselves to the Greek city that's captivated travelers for generations.
You'll meet your guide in the Syntagma Square, home to numerous historic attractions and buildings such as the Greek Parliament. We won't remain here long though, cause there's so much more to see! First up, we'll enter Plaka, one of the city's most famous neighborhoods, and pass by neoclassical alleyways, cafes, and restaurants. Along the way you're guide, a local to Athens, we'll capitvate you with the history and secrets of Plaka.
Next up, you'll head down Adrianou Street, the perfect place to pick up a souvenir. From here its onto the pristine Anafiotika, a marble white neighborhood of cozy homes and narrow alleyways. You'll have plenty of time to explore here and even get lost a little in its picturesque streets. Along the way you'll stop for a cup of authentic Greek coffee and relax at a local cafe. Keep your camera ready; if the sun is out you'll be able to take stunning photos of the Acropolis.
Leaving Anafiotika behind, you'll enter Dionysious Aeropagitou street and see its gorgeous 20th century homes and buildings. We'll enter through a secret shortcut known only to the locals and hear stories about ancient Greek mythology along the way. From here we'll walk along the Roman Market, where you'll discover an area rich in ancient history. Feel free to ask your guide about the monuments riddled throughout the area; they're happy to share! You'll pass through a local flea market, home to a variety of shops.
Finally, you'll reach the end of your journey, arriving at Psirri. Having discover Athen's historic and mythological past, you'll end your stroll in the modern day at one of the most fashionable, diverse, and trendy areas of the city.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 18 and older
* Child: 12-17 years of age
* Participation is free for children below the age of 12.
* Group size: up to 12 pax.
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
A 4-hour morning walk with an excellent local guide
A traditional Greek coffee in a cozy place downtown
In case of rain, though, you will be timely notified about any changes in your scheduled walk.
Prepare yourself for an exciting walk & don’t forget your hat, sunglasses, sun-block and a bottle of water. Βring along your camera so you can capture the most beautiful spots of the city. Needless to say that wearing comfortable shoes is an absolute must!
All ages can join the tour. We will walk at a moderate pace so it will be a pleasant walk for everyone. We will also make several stops to admire and discuss about the fascinating monuments and sites along our way.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.